[Archive] What are you listening to?

Good man:+1:

I noticed the Cd box-set was over a grand on Amazon thought you had decided to treat yourself :grinning:

I actually had saved the Bobby Hutcherson Capitol box-set on Spotify but not got around to listening to it - your post reminded me :+1:

Have been enjoying this one lately

1 Like

Yeah I’d been keeping a keen eye out for the Bobby Hutcherson Mosaic Select set for ages, after stupidly passing on a copy for £35’ish from a UK vendor last year. Now generally you are lucky to find a copy in the EU for less than £70 & those are scarce. Most are from Japan or U.S. based sellers, so would work out at over a ton if you get hit for VAT & handling fees.

As you’ve spotted some of these Mosaic/BN sets are now ludicrously priced or simply unobtanium.

Given all the metadata manipulation & cut n shutting I do for CD sets, to get em into original format albums I do anyhoo, it makes little odds whether its a download or ripped CD.

In some respects these downloads are perhaps a smidge easier, but given how exacting I am, there’s not much in it TBH. :smile:

Yes you are as exacting as an exacting thing Chris :grinning:

1 Like

Yup just checked, who wuz on vibes fer that album…Roy Ayers no less! He worked with some cracking line-ups Inc Mr Hutcherson.

Harold Land on tenor for this & Victor Feldman on vibes. :ok_hand:

FLAC, streamed. First listen.

Top recommendation from MJ2 :+1:

2 Likes

Flac

Flac

ovoc

5 Likes

First listen. FLAC, streamed.

1 Like

FLAC. First listen.

2 Likes

First listen. FLAC, streamed.

ovoc

1 Like

Ovoc

3 Likes

You did indeed Chris and I enjoyed it as well.

1 Like

ovoc

Did you try the Zofff Album I put up before it @Waxy ?
You’d love it.

Not yet! So much music… so little time!

Ain’t that the truth ?

Nice problem to have though :smiley: