What I'm watching (Part 1)

Australian Masterchef 2017…

1 Like

A very good friend of my wife is an Assistant Director on that show. Jackie and my youngest are absolutely addicted to it.

Forged In Fire, marketed as Bake Off with Blades…

Some amazing craftsmanship produced under pressure, but utterly cheesy nonetheless.

One of the judges, a martial arts type guy, has a catchphrase that he uses when he’s tested a blade on a torso made of ballistic gel.
“It weel keel…”

The best one so far was when the finalists had to make a Katana, and only had 5 days to do it, when a traditional one takes 3 months… I have to say, they did Ok though.

Oddly addictive.

Yup, it outclasses the British version in almost every way. Been watching it for a few seasons now and learned so much from it

I agree, but it is a bit of a viewing marathon, isn’t it? They have 24 contestants with one “going home” each week. Five one hour programmes per week - that’s 120 hours of viewing!!

Is that because they have sent John Torode over here?

I watched Blade last night, again LOL

Yeah, there’s a huge amount of material in a series. TBH we tend to obtain the whole series and then watch it as we fancy rather than being tied to when it’s being broadcast.

Just finished this last night :crescent_moon:

_SS500

Totes superb. A genre blurring espionage comedy drama that is many faceted & brilliantly plotted. Some great originality & a real breath of Fresh air. For me kinda like when Six Feet Under & The Wire came along.

Some great music too, without giving owt away there is an integral musical theme to the plot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04fmgkb/blondies-new-york-and-the-making-of-parallel-lines

2 Likes

Just started on Hellfjord. Hilarious and out of order…

1 Like

I think I’ve seen this twice, but watching it again, now.

Great doc. :+1:

McGregor v Mayweather. Entertaining fight. Back to bed!

Just watched it now, being more an MMA fan I was interested to see how McGregor would do boxing someone of that class. I thought he did well.

Bit cheesy but entertaining, good old switch brain off action movie

I thought Mayweather started slowly, took a little time to find him out & then took him to bits for 7 rounds. McGregor also ran out of gas after 25 minutes. It might well have been a different outcome under MMA rules but always seemed likely to go the way it did as a boxing match.

Someone yesterday likened it to the world squash champion taking 3 months training & then trying to beat the world badminton champion. It isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

Also ridiculous was the “If this was MMA” crowd. The whole point is that it wasn’t.

3 Likes

I did expect Mayweather to win but it was obvious he would keep his energy for the later rounds. Compared with some boxers that have faced Mayweather I don’t think McGregor embarrassed himself, like some thought he might.

Exactly.

An American Werewolf in London - Film 4

Funny with a great soundtrack

4 Likes