What I'm watching (Part 1)

Just finished the 2nd series of Billions. Not as good as the first series but still highly recommended.

Decided to start taking a look at some of the films on The Guardianā€™s top 50 list for 2017. AVOID a film called Certain Women. It defines the phrase 2 hours youā€™ll never get backā€¦

I tried one or two of their top 50 LPs of the year. Not quite as bad as Guilt Machine, but not good either. Avoid.

Hahahhahaa, just watched Kingsman with the boy. Donā€™t think mum was too impressed. :joy:

1 Like

Great film that, I bet he loved it.

Yeah, probably the same language he gets within half an hour at the school yard.

Bonus anal sex references at the end too :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Inappropriate movie night is a regular thing in this household. Robocop was the last one.

2 Likes

I thought the same when I watched it with my eldest daughter, did make an effort to distract her during the bumming references though.

I remember the first time I watched the original Robocop (under age obviously):scream:

The Detectorists, how i missed this first time round, great comedy.

nintchdbpict000323895790

8 Likes

I liked it too - gentle, quite subtle and evoking an unassuming quiet English-ness, that I (irrationally) take some sort of pride in.

have to confess that being required to watch little women over last 3 nights I found it rather good . the music was good too

Just watched Back to the Future III with the kids :slight_smile:

love that film , went to a party not too long ago and one of the northern irish family drove down the street in a delorean with the gull wing doors raised , fab

1 Like

Just watch the first of the new Black Mirror series. Had a Star Trek theme.

I thought it was pretty goodā€¦:+1:

2 Likes

I just finished the newest series of Twin Peaks which had some extraordinary moments and a ridiculously complicated set of themes underpinning it. It does really require going back & watching Fire Walk with Me again to remind yourself WTF is going on!

Also liked this Western Electric record player in Episode 8.

5 Likes

Iā€™m re-watching The Day Today and Brass Eye.

8 Likes

+100 Likes.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had loads of Cake over Christmas: untold damage to Shatnerā€™s Bassoon.

2 Likes

Josh Acklandā€™s Spunky Backpack!

1 Like