What I'm watching (Part 1)

Great film.

Love this film. :camping::hocho:

Altered Carbon

People either love it or hate it. I absolutely loved it.

The Guardian asked an editor of Caravan Magazine for his opinion and he thought the film, which he described as ā€œabsolutely brilliantā€, accurately captured the details of caravanning holidays.

Right. I guess it was the big picture then that doesnā€™t quite match up. Thank heavens.

VB

combat dealer programme on renovation of ww2 jeep. fascinating programme with lots of snippets of history and amazing what lengths they go to to recreate the original , even searching out a tin of lice powder which was essential in those conditions of poor hygiene

I enjoyed the Very English Scandal about Jeremy Thorpeā€™s attempt to bump off Norman Scott. Catch it on the iPlayer if you missed it.

Pleased to see that the 2nd series of Flowers is being shown on C4 each night next week. The first series was one of the funniest things thatā€™s been on in ages.

4 Likes

Yes thought Hugh Grant did a fine job as Thorpe.

Coincidentally just rewatching Flowers, all the characters are superb. Is Shun still writing and directing on the second series?

1 Like

Yes, Very English Scandal was really well done.

2 Likes

Donna and I watched it, brilliant.

Last night was Top Gun night :slight_smile:

1 Like

fantastic film

Finally got to see 3 Billboards last night. Every bit as good as Iā€™d hoped. The only surprise being an apparent lack of Corn Brothers involvement. Itā€™s more like one of their films than some of theirs are.

1 Like

Sence 8 final episode teed up for tonight. Two and a half hours to watch. The show has been cancelled despite its success, a real shame. Apparently differences between production team members and contracting issues with the cast forced their hand.

I found it to be one of the better ā€œsci fiā€ offerings on Netflix, shame.

1 Like

Agree , it did feel very much like a coen brothers film , even down to the carter burwell soundtrack. One of the best films in the past year or so.

He definitely said corn bros.

2 Likes

I did. The Corn Bros made some great films.

1 Like

There was that one starring Maizy Fields, what was the title?

The Wind that shakes the Barley? Or was it Straw Dogs?

2 Likes

Oh My Goth!

Vintage TV (Freeview 82), now.

The Mission, Bauhaus, Cure, Cocteausā€¦

No cider to make snakebites, so not getting the full experience.

1 Like

Too late. I got Dianna Ross, now EW&F.