What I'm watching (Part 1)

My fave Gary Numan story was from a mate who went to see the Nine Inch Nails / Jane’s Addiction “Ninja” tour in Brixton.

Nine Inch Nails were on stage, and this funny-looking guy ambles onto the stage. The crowd thinks “who the hell is that?”. The keyboards start up with the waggawaggawaggawagga from “Cars” and it dawns on 5000 people simultaneously that it’s Gary Numan.

Mate said it was genuinely frightening the way the whole place went nuts.

I think there’s footage of that from the stage perspective on that documentary.

The last episode was pitiful.

Quarry

In sky box sets. Slow, but good, and the soundtrack is simply outstanding.
Vietnam era, Memphis soul!

1 Like

There was a bit of footage from the O2 concert.

‘No Comment’ last night - another top episode. Really liking this series

Looking forward to Fortitude S2 which starts tonight :scream:

2 Likes

me too

I mean who exactly the fuck would choose to like in a remote freezing fucking cold ‘community’ in the middle of fucking nowhere. Oh hang on …

1 Like

quite!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074s62/lefties-1-property-is-theft

Loads of Hendrix stuff on Sky Arts now

1 Like

Watching it now…off to a good start !

Saw Trainspotting 2 last night. Underwhelmed- think the critics fondness for Irvine Welsh has made them giddily overgenerous. It’s less of a film and more indulgent nostalgia over the first one. Two very good scenes though but no spoilers.

The new series of Fortitude is quite on it.

1 Like

Also saw ‘The Big Short’ last night. Great movie about the financial crash of 2008.

1 Like

Currently binging on it now.

1 Like

The first series was not up to the hype, IMO, but this series seems very good so far. (Up to ep. 5)

4 and counting… deciding whether to squeeze another in or watch the golf. :slight_smile:

Agree about first series, was drawn out and ultimately disappointing until the end.

This one seems to be developing different lines of interest right from the off.

Bzzzzz

1 Like

How are you guys watching series 2?

I thought it only started last Thursday?