What I'm watching (Part 1)

I couldn’t get away with American Horror Story for some reason, got bored very quickly.

and?

Fell asleep 5 mins into it unfortunately.

Just came over all fatigued. Trying again tonight :slight_smile:

Anyone watching Legion on Fox? Not sure what to make of it from one episode but it has potential. It’s definitely different.

Just starting the second episode now.

Enjoying it so far. Tom Hardy has to be one of our best actors are the moment.

He’s good if a little repetitive in Taboo - don’t get me wrong I’m loving the series and his character, but its not as gripping as his portrayal of the Jewish-mafia leader in Peaky Blinders - that is just something else!

Haven’t watched that yet. Everything I’ve seen him in so far I have enjoyed tho.

Try watching Locke and then coming back to me.

Like watching concrete dry.

He is better than your Cumberbatch and no mistake.

Not exactly a high bar. I find Cummerbund irritating and overrated.

When you get further into it you’ll see that Tom Hollander is also one of the best actors around at the moment.

1 Like

Agreed. However he seems to be the unit measure of British acting quality. Similar to London busses for size and Olympic swimming pools for something liquid based.

And Rabski’s Amp for an infinitely open ended period of time

3 Likes

Or an area the size of Wales as a unit of total devastation

1 Like
1 Like

Watched it last week and thought it was great, next one should be on tonight.

1 Like

Tomorrow

So I rowed my way through the Last Kingdom & will look forward to its resumption soon. I haven’t bothered with Game of Thrones, the idea of dragons put me off. At least this series has a kernel of truth. The struggle of Alfred of Wessex to resist being overrun by Danish invaders.

Now I’ve made a start on the remake of Roots. I recall watching the first version and am aware of the controversy surrounding the origins of that story. But after a dubious start (rather too idyllic African village life) it’s picking up now the action has moved to America. But it could still go bad. We’ll see.

Nooooooo, GoT is amazing.

There is very little dragon quotient. It’s mostly sex, violence and politics.

2 Likes

2 out of 3 ain’t bad