What I'm watching (Part 1)

Yep this. And incest.

No car chases though.

Watching Bbloodline at the moment, a bit more meat to this one than your normal netflix fare.

Formula E from Argentina. Really odd with almost no noise.

I watched the first half of this Jarmusch documentary last night. Iggy tells some great stories, and thereā€™s some MC5 footage too. On Amazon.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FZamcR97L.SL1024.jpg

2 Likes

BBC4 Tonight 9.00

3 Likes

Good call. All over that.

Marvelous!

Watching it now. Always thought Legion was a stupid idea in that comics, they basically made him too powerful and didnā€™t know what to do with him at the time. They also brought him back for the purposes of creating the alternate timeline of Age of Apocalypse.

So far, looks like someoneā€™s watched a few Wes Anderson films and likes his use of colour and detailed set design.

SS-GB.

Odd little programme, donā€™t know what yo make of it yet.

I thought it was OK, but Iā€™m more interested in sci-fi than historical drama/whodunnit, and itā€™s closer to the latter. So for me Iā€™d rather see something set some years (20? 50? Current day?) after the Germans won the war.

I canā€™t recall seeing this but I enjoyed the book.

1 Like

Weā€™re showing the 1958 version of Cat On A Hot Tin Roof tomorrow night at the Didcot Film Club - the one with Paul Newman, Liz Taylor, Burl Ives et al. The homosexual elements in the original play were toned down for the movie, which was nominated for 6 Oscars. I was struck by this line from the Wikipedia article about it:

Cat may have been too controversial for the Academy voters; the film eventually didnā€™t win any Oscar and the Best Picture award went to Gigi, another Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer production, that year.

It seems that being gay was considered as beyond the pale. So they gave the Oscars instead to a musical (!) about grown men involved in a system for grooming a child with the aim of sexually exploiting her. The good old days, eh ā€¦

VB

3 Likes

Homeland continues to tip toe the fine line between mental health, being righteous and being a twat. Personal favorite P.Quinn

ā€¦has seemingly roused enough sense from his Toxic nerve gas bummer to uncover a rather juicy plot, sadly he has subsequently gone commando, hostage, batshit which rather harms his case for full recovery .
Claire Danes continues to willfully forge ahead in a sort of pre-menopausal state of hot flushed destructive virtue, whilst all those around her suffer in polite silence.

Claire Danes is rather like Albert square in so much as any right thinking person would ignite their own innate super powers to run the fuck in the opposite direction from such a dark cloud of depressive, dangerous dumb.

Meanwhile uber spook and all time wrong 'un, ā€˜Dar Adalā€™ continues to be a stellar cunt trolling the lives of individuals, colleagues and the nation with deft strokes from his bastard bald mind.

Cuddly hair-suite Saul Berenson, plays the Colombo card with tiresome frequency as is his uncertain, bumbling want.

5 episodes in and my piss is at boiling point, but I have faith in P. Quinn, perhaps he will go back to the brothel which was by far the best scene from the series thus far.

4 Likes

Good film actually - it was on Sky Atlantic about a month ago :+1:

The first episode of legion was one of the most dull hours of tv I have seen in a long while. Style over substance.
I hope it improves.
Taboo is fun, but I was annoyed it didnā€™t have subtitles on catch up. Hummmmmph. Grrrrruhhh.

The Brits was a bit shit shit. All a bit earnest and PC.

[quote=ā€œSAP7, post:355, topic:113ā€]
Taboo is fun, but I was annoyed it didnā€™t have subtitles on catch up. [/quote]

Taboo has subtitles if watched on the iPlayer.

Yes, Much of Tom Hardyā€™s dialogue.

Looking forward to Saturdayā€™s finale. I expect lots of mayhem

Hidden Figures, is excellent, highly recommendedā€¦:grinning:

1 Like

Just got in from watching this (live theatre actually, not TV or film)

It was great - people who knew what they were doing did it really well. And their music was pretty tight too.

VB

Iā€™m probably a heathen but I canā€™t stand the theatre, hammed up over acting, appreciate they have to over emphasise movements so people can see but it just gets on my tits.

Probably didnā€™t help that an ex would sulk like a bastard if I didnā€™t go with her to watch plays.

Donā€™t even get me started on child actors, especially that little ginger fuck in Annie.

3 Likes