What I'm watching (Part 1)

I love the theatre. Going to see Hadaway Harry tomorrow: https://www.hadawayharry.co.uk/about

This had no pretensions towards realism. That wasnā€™t the point (bearing in mind the mental and emotional and pharmacological state of the original 18-year old author). It was just exhilerating to escape for a while into someone elseā€™s nightmare knowing all the time that youā€™d come out of it in one piece.

I agree about child actors though. Entertaining only for their parents.

VB

And Opera.

Philistine.

Tonight on BBC4 midnight

Very good doc.

Was a good show with everyone singing The Blaydon Races at the end.

Dangermouse

Just watched a recording of this. Well worth watching.

Hip hop evolution, short series telling the story of hip from from block parties in the early 70ā€™s, first records in 79, onto Def Jam.

Some nice footage and interviews with most the key players.

A French take on Homeland which fills a gap after the US series became rubbish. Amazon video.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71zXhH3e8jL.SL1500.jpg

Mr Robot. Hackers and other nonsense.

Kettering Incident.

Let down by the complete lack of clarification at the end, in the ultimate ā€œsecond seasonā€ ploy.
Compelling, but a bit dull and most of the reveals seemed like implausible filler.

Top Gear

Lots, lots, better.

But not as entertaining as The Grand Tour. Yet.

Is this like the OJ Simpson car chase only with Rabski ?

VB

2 Likes

Yes, I thought that.

1 Like

Watching the 1st episode of House. Never seen it before.

6 Likes

I really enjoyed it. Not seen TGT so canā€™t comment, but they are at least trying to update the format.

Matt Le Blanc is really good, Chris Harris is nerdtastic, in a good way, , and Rory is infectiously enthusiastic, like a labrador puppy. I think getting rid of Evans was a good move, three presenters is optimal, and he was too marmite to be the lead presenter, but too much of an ego to be one of the others.

That Fezza FXXK sounded fucking awesome.

Trumped inside the greatest political upset of all time.

Well will be in 5 minutes.

Iā€™m afraid to say I think the BBC are still trying to mimic the format. LeBlanc is the Clarkson ā€˜characterā€™ and you can decide between the other two who are Hammond and May.

Which is not to knock the show because it is a huge improvement on what went before. The Ferrari FXX K was wind-in-the-sails semi-inducing and wonderfully photographed. Or fucking awesome.