What I'm watching (Part 1)

I really like him as an actor.

“You…ya cunt!”.

I didn’t bother with The Force Awakens because it looked like an exercise in nostalgia when I wanted something new from the Star Wars series. So, tonight.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/912ud5CJkEL.SY445.jpg

3 Likes

Kodi?

It’s really good, if you haven’t seen it yet. It’s a war film, and all the better for it.

Watched that last night and it was very good. Episodes 1,2,3 and 7 were shit but this is up there with the originals.

Fecking briliant film

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08j8jj1/what-do-artists-do-all-day-26-dougie-wallace
Excellent stuff

2 Likes

What did you watch that on?

Well worth a watch.

Had a few beers with Dougie discussing photography, he’s certainly an interesting character!
I’ve got a couple of his earlier books & have a copy of new book ‘Harrodsburg’ on it’s way which should be good.
His Blackpool book ‘Stags, Hens & Bunnies’ is my favourite of his so far.

1 Like

I was thinking of your pics when watching it. It does take some neck to do what he does. This programme shows him at work in both Knightsbridge and Blackpool.

1 Like

Just watched it,very good.

1 Like

Interesting mix of documentary and drama

Wizard of Oz. It is dead good. I like Dorothy. I wish she was my friend.

Should be off down the garden centre, but scarecrow is doing his song.

BBC 4 in a minute Last days of solitary confinment in prison.

Just completed the series - I feel my Chi’s anus has been Iron fisted.

What the Irksome mop topped ethno-honkey lacks in charisma he makes up for in pseudo spiritual moralizing.
If the fact he is also a trustafarian with ‘issues’ fails to win over your heart and pull the blinds down on your eyes you will sadly be subjected to the worst fight scenes since you last watched a play ground of toddlers pretending to be Ninja Turtles. In terms of acting, I have not been privy to much that can compare - Even Bob’s love of wood, would evaporate with the speed of Chuck Norris. Behind the scenes I picture the following:

We have this great looking kid and a story about his magic hand…
Can he act?
Fuck no but he’s good looking
OK, whats with the fist?
Ah, it glows when he’s cross
So?
Did I mention his hair is really curly?
No but wheres the jeopardy?
OK, this is the cool bit his parents are dead!
So no cliff hangar then?
Look he’s got blue eyes - Can you work with that?
OK, so he’s super rich and was raised by monks that’s sexy right?
Yeah and throw in a Chinese girlfriend that’ll make it authentic.

4/10 Mr. MWS quite liked the sister.

1 Like

One of the few reasons I’ve continued to watch the series.

1 Like

Just watched Jim Al-Khalili trying to explain gravity on BBC4 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08kgv7f/gravity-and-me-the-force-that-shapes-our-lives. He was good at it, I thought.

When I was a lot younger the grown-ups were doing a reasonable job of unifying three of the four forces of nature (electromagnetism, the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force). But they were struggling with getting gravity to fit. Looking back I’m now not sure why they were bothering to try as it seems Einstein had already shown that there’s no such thing as ‘the force of gravity’. The fact is that mass simply curves spacetime and the effects of that look like a force if you haven’t worked out what’s really going on (Jim explains this very neatly with a story about beetles walking on the surface of a pumpkin).

But towards the end of the programme he said that perhaps even the mass-curves-spacetime theory is not the fundamental explanation. Instead what’s happening is that everything’s simply (maybe not the best word) trying to get itself into a position where time travels as slowly as physically possible. (The nearest I’ve ever got to that was when I once tried to phone Npower.)

VB

4 Likes

Hour n half!

Has anyone got the Ladybird book instead?

I’ve had a similar time slowing effect whilst on the bike turbo… wonder if calling npower while on one would cancel it out?

2 Likes

I watched the final hour too. Very good. I liked the beetle analogy.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on bluray.