What I'm watching (Part 1)

It does start slowly but the season/story plot twists really start to come into effect over the 3 seasons. I really liked it.

Watched it myself accompanied by a bottle of decent Shiraz :+1:

If NZ had played the first half like they played the in 2nd it would have been more exciting viewing, but seeing a team like Australia in full flow is always glorious.

Hehe, anyone else watching this programme about super yachts? Twatopolis.

Predator. For the thirty-something time. Faggots. Cambodia. Pig. Ugly motherfucker.

Recording: Valdez is Coming

Metallica live at Radio 1. On the BBC red button; shortly.

Last time I made a point of listening to the nation’s yoof station must have been Peel about 25 years ago. Wooh, Gary Davies.

Started watching the Pilot episode of Billions. It’s looking good so far.

1 Like

It’s very good. :+1:

1 Like

I loved it.

Finished the first series. Highly recommended.

Anyone see the second episode of the Grand Tour?

Not a patch on the first imo… :disappointed_relieved:

I’ve just started watching Startup on Amazon prime, I’ve only watched episodes 1& 2 but it looks quite promising.

Not yet but I don’t think it got great reviews, think it was described somewhere as the difficult second album.

They need someone to liven things up a bit. What’s Chris Evans doing? He likes cars doesn’t he?

They’ve not tested a Berlingo yet, that would change things…

Just watched The Martian. The last 30 minutes is a bit Team America-ish but overall an excellent film.

2 Likes

If anyone does audiobooks The Martian is a good one.

Finally started on Westworld. Loving the honky-tonk piano playing Black Hole Sun in the first episode.

Toast of London with Matt Berry.

His mannerisms are fantastic.

“Yes, I hear you Clem Fandango”.

2 Likes

I came across a ‘10 Most Under-Rated Sci-Fi Movies’ list when I was scurfing the interweb a few weeks back. They were

1. Moon
  2. Sunshine
  3. eXistenZ (sic)
  4. Strange Days
  5. Equilibrium
  6. Silent Running
  7. Mr Nobody
  8. Heavy Metal
  9. Primer
  10. 2010

I couldn’t work out if no 1 or no 10 was meant to be ‘most under-rated’ i.e. would be the nicest surprise if you’d only judged it by what the critics had said about it. So I’ve just tried to check by sitting through 2010. I hope that wasn’t supposed to be the best of them* because, boy, at the end all you’re thinking is just how good 2001 was. 2010 was released 16 years after 2001 but it now looks more dated, less visionary, less well acted (even by HAL, who was in both of them), more irritating and more boring despite being more than half an hour shorter.

4/10 - must try harder.

VB

*I know it’s not actually because I’ve seen both Moon and Sunshine and they were both better. In fact standing in the garden watching the moon is better.