What I'm watching (Part 1)

Yep, a wonderful insight into a world I’ve never really thought about with my wardrobe by messrs. M & S.

In that shirt you could probably get an offer of a small mammal. Snappy, is it made to measure?

No, was part of a ready to wear line that we ran at Hayward at the time. I doubt I could button the thing up now!

A consequence of the dental work?
fitted well in the film. I rarely find shirts that fit that well.

Ha! No, I was well capable of eating then, was just being a bit more careful of what I was eating.

Glad you noticed the shirt, a lot of hard work went into that, and a lot of the other stuff we did.

1 Like

It wasn’t hard to spot, the fit round the arm and shoulders was nearly as impressive as your scissor (shears?) skills.

A lad with Tinatus has to listen to music to drown out the ringing in his ears. He drives cars to his favorite theme-tunes and happens to owe a bundle to a crime lord. Perhaps the picture is clear, this film should suck.
Cliche after Cliche roll from scene to scene and somehow it miraculously doesn’t actually suck. Jamie Fox is good, Kevin Spacey is well Kevin Spacey. The lead in this ‘paint not quite by numbers’ film is virtually mute. The back stories are knowingly well trodden pastiches that seem freshened up yet creased. Thematically it’s not quite Pulp, more mulch than anything - Even the films poster is taking the 80’s piss. Suspending disbelief is an impossibility. This film shouldn’t work, the predictability factor is 100% but it is done in a new self aware way that comes together well 7.9/10

A mate has seen it twice already and is driving around to the soundtrack :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

The Preacher series II Loving it.

3 Likes

Saw it on it’s release in 1980 at some dodgy cinema in Soho.

Just bought it on dvd

2 Likes
5 Likes

Crap sci-fi night for me tonight.

Just watched Gravity, now Passengers.

1 Like

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h06tq

https://shoutfactory-productionsite.s3.amazonaws.com/system/product/9b1c442d9594a072f2364325956a59d791788bc4d6a1c16276b556581580f289/image/module_image_62257_20Joe_2090_206DVD_20VIVA_20Front_2072dpi__7B6563fb47-cc95-e411-9d31-d4ae527c3b65_7D.jpg

I liked Passengers.

Gravity though, is absolute shit bobbins.

I agree, Gravity is shite, albeit really good looking shite. I enjoyed Passengers, although slightly conflicted about Jim waking up Aurora etc.

Rogue One now.

Yes, it brought you some interesting moral questions.

Soundtrack is great

Why don’t these links work any more? Is it us or them?

Watched one episode of Naked Dating, mainly because my two daughters insisted :wink:

Couldn’t believe the girl chose the fella with the longest dick and the bloke chose the girl with the biggest tits :roll_eyes:

predictable tv is predictable…

1 Like

Jaguar XKSS: A supercar is reborn on channel 4 on demand. Inspiring stuff.