What I'm watching (Part 1)

The funny thing is the audiences of the day laughed at the film for it’s language and middle class values. For me though nothing surpasses the Station’s Cockney waitress with her middle class mockney accent! Lol.

They should boo the IAAF who tried and failed to get Gatlin banned for longer (8 years) after his second transgression.

Other athletes have returned after bans and won medals without being booed. I think the difference here is not just that Gatlin has been caught twice, but that he was running against the so-called “saviour of our sport” in his last race.

Cheats, apparently, do prosper.

I rather think their protest to the authorities was adequately made.

Picking on one individual is a cowardly way to protest. It’s the kind of behaviour that idiots like Peers Morgan, Farage and Murdoch would advocate. I thought the way Bolt handled his defeat and congratulated Gatlin did as much if not more for his right to be called the Worlds Greatest Athlete than winning. A true display of greatness. IMO of course.

1 Like

I agree, he did look good. But he’s also not above celebrating a win on the track by inviting the Swedish women’s handball team back to his place, no doubt to discuss tactics :grin:.

VB

Whereas we’d kick them out, faced with that particular dilemma.:wink:

Watched the Tornado (steam engine) high speed run program this evening. Impressive effort.
On bbc4 iplayer, worth watching if you like this sort of thing.

1 Like

Wrapping up the third season of Rogue this evening.

A slow start to the day, I’ve just finished watching this :

The trailer does quite well in offering a taste of what to expect. It’s a watchable, high voltage, neon lit no brainer of a film. I quite enjoyed it on a rainy Tuesday morning. I am however unfeasibly aroused and I fear my nap my be disturbed… For this reason 7/10

Ghost in the Shell starring the lovely Scarlett Johansson.

5 Likes

Watched that again last night and second time round it is much better.

I liked it first time as well as second - while it was disappointing that it didn’t explore much of the existential aspects of being a brain in a machine, it was an amazing world that was created. I thought it looked great, and is eminently rewatchable.

Very rare for a sequel to be as good as the first…

Glen Campbell - The Rhinestone Cowboy

BBC 4

On now

1 Like

Risky Business!

The Space Between Us. (Ellie has a thing for Asa Wotsisname)

Jesus, talk about a plot full of holes. You could hide the moon in some of them.

Twin Peaks

Just four more. It’s coming together, yet still amazingly bonkers.

I’m binging on Game of Thrones. I think I only watched up to series 3, so I’ve decided to start from the start. Currently on s1e5

4 Likes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b091wy13/this-world-north-korea-murder-in-the-family

Hooked on this now, just starting s2

2 Likes