What I'm watching (Part 1)

Catching up on Lexx as I missed it all those years ago. Pleasingly mental, if somewhat troubling due to the obsession with brains and sphincters.

1 Like

Itā€™s nuts that is :slight_smile:

Re the Bakeoff, we watched it as a family, it was fineā€¦

I watched Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy last night.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ooops, I spelled Tailor wrong, ahahahahahahaha, nice one :slight_smile:

Because of reasons I only started watching it half an hour after it started, on catch-up. By the time it finished I had actually caught up!

I thought Pru was great, and the bloke (Noel?) I had never heard of wasnā€™t great.

Heā€™s ā€˜famousā€™ for The Mighty Boosh.

Never heard of it

Fuck the bake off

3 Likes

Me neither, although it did have a fleeting glimpse of vinyl in that clip :+1:

My sistor of 4 years younger loved it at the time, it didnā€™t do it for me to be honest.

Glad you noticed, I spent ages looking for that clip.

errā€¦donā€™t worry next time :wink:

I would have thought he would be more well known from ā€˜Never Mind the Buzzcocksā€™

He was also in the IT Crowd

I was a fan of the Mighty Boosh and saw their rather surreal tour a few years back. Met Noel at a party and heā€™s exactly as he is on screen, a bit quiet and awkward but very funny if he sees an opportunity for his particular type of humour.

Heā€™s a big alternative music fan and loves records.

2 Likes

I dip in and out of GBBO. Donā€™t mind it if itā€™s on, but donā€™t make a special effort to watch it any more.

I did see last nightā€™s and was very surprised how familiar it all felt. Yes I know the formula is the same, but the personnel did a decent job of keeping the same vibe. I thought Pru Leith did an excellent job of replacing Mary Berry. The show will probably succeed on that alone.

I also liked Noel from his previous stuff, but I can see that some more conservative viewers who havenā€™t seen him before will take a while to get used to him.

1 Like

ā€¦And agree that the advert breaks were brutal. Definitely one to pre-record or catchup.

She was great, felt like she had always been there.

I like Noel, just didnā€™t get all the fuss over the mighty boosh (from my Sister), but then Iā€™m a Python fan and she didnā€™t get that because itā€™s very old :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve always liked Sandi, even since No.73, remember that?!

According to The Guardianā€™s Mark Lawson, ā€œThe eighth series of the extreme patisserie challenge manages to seem exactly the same but also just different enough.ā€

Looks like Mark Lawson had similar sentiments to me.