What I'm watching (Part 1)

Yeah watched in with Sam No.1 Son last night, and it’s got legs, we both like it’s dark nature…

I was wondering how Jason Isaacs would be as a star fleet captain but they’ve made him quite dark and nasty which he is playing really well.

Looking forward to the rest of this.

1 Like

I’ve watched the first two episodes of this

and they’ve been good. I was a child while most of the Vietnam war was on so I only remember the odd news story. And then it all went a bit quiet. Watching the footage it’s disconcerting to see how much of it looks like Apocalypse Now! for real.

VB

1 Like

I was a kid as well but I was in Toronto. We had it on the news every bloody day. And being an annoyingly inquisitive bugger I watched with horror. By the age of 8 I was a pacifist.

We had it heavy, man. Oz was right in the thick of it with wall to wall coverage. I joined the Moritorium marches at age 10. Been a pacifist ever since.

1 Like

Chickenhawk is a great book about a helo pilot in the Vietnam war, very funny but lots of honesty as well.

2 Likes

IIRC Aus went and helped didn’t they? The Cannucks said fuck off and do your own dirty work :+1:

Only war that conscription was enforced in Australian history IIRC. Big.fucking.error.

1 Like

Blimey. That I didn’t know. North America isn’t brilliant at presenting news from around the world. Unless it’s a fucking war they’re involved in.

This is true. The WWs had huge numbers of volunteers because Oz was supporting King/Queen and country.
As far as I recall;
When the Yanks came calling for support against the Commies in Vietnam, the resultant volunteers didn’t materialise. Due to the ANZUS alliance, Australia was obliged to provide X numbers of Diggers. The only way to achieve this was through Conscription.

I thought the volunteers served overseas in WW2 which is why I put IIRC. Didn’t the conscripts (chocos I think) serve domestically, which led to loads of them getting shot to ribbons in PNG?

Bert and Ernie :roll_eyes: For.Fuck’s Sake…

Watched Arrival for the second time, all the better for it. It’s shot to number 2 in my all time fave sci-fi flic book, for now.

1 Like

Forbidden Planet will remain number 1 for a while longer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You earned it.

1 Like

Cheers Kermit.

You feckin’ nipple…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b081clh5/black-lake-episode-1#

1 Like

^^ I said that !

1 Like

…and don’t go spoiling it as I’ve only watched a couple so far :slight_smile: