What I'm watching (Part 1)

IMG_0744

just love the talking pictures channel . last night was wonderful short programme l

1. Factual. Buckinghamshire schoolteacher, Mrs James, is the star of this WWII propaganda film. It shows how evacuees from surrounding towns adapt to village life and wartime conditions.

H is for Hawk

Just watched it on BBC2 Scot, showing now on BBC2 (I expect it will be on i-player)

Fantastic and moving documentary on a woman’s obsession with the loss of her father and her subsequent rehabilitation which was assisted by training a female Goshawk.

Eldest has just gone movie mad and has a 5-page list of classics she wants to catch up on.

Tonight we’re going to watch Memento.

4 Likes

Ah man, I keep meaning to watch that but have never got round to it. Heard it’s amazing.

Superb movie. Don’t think Guy Pearce has done a bad one, tbh.

Bearing in mind when I first saw it 20odd years ago he had just stepped off the set of Neighbours, it was something of a WTF?! moment.

I know, but turns out he can act. And well, lol. Who’d have thunk it…

Nile Rodgers doesn’t often appear on my music spectrum - when he does he always manages to smack me about the temples with his musicianship. The collaboration of old school and youthful talent is a real joy.

2 Likes

absolutely loved seeing Richard Wilson autobiographical journey into the highlands . what a character he is and great to hear his reflections in an amazing place

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/richard-wilsons-highland-fling

Oh god is it 20years ago?! Scary…great film though :+1:

Wank

3 Likes

Billion Dollar Deals, exploring how technology is exploited by business and how a series of relatively small meetings made changes on a global scale outside of politics, fascinating stuff. Three programmes, Money, Health and Work. Worth a watch.

Very well done, worth a watch

1 Like

Coastal path BBC2

Gunpowder. Gripping stuff so far. Being brought up as a catholic, we learned about that period of persecution & visited various stately homes with priest holes & escape tunnels (including Baddesley Clinton). This drama makes real the terrors of religious differences which I suppose were similar then to those still occurring between Sunni & Shia Muslims in the middle east now.

2 Likes

Was this the one filmed partly at Coughton Court?

Yes possibly. Some of it anyway. It didn’t look like Baddesley C.

EDIT : It appears that a good deal of it was filmed at locations in Yorkshire.

1 Like

F1 Qualifying from Austin, Texas.

1 Like

I take it you have problems getting to sleep Ian?

Does watching this help? :slight_smile: