What I'm watching (Part 1)

Yeah 3rd series. Very enjoyable, easy going clever humour.

NOT a forum strapline right there. :slight_smile:

Just finished Stranger Things S2. Lovely stuff.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just watched episode 1, series one!

1 Like

Just watched the opening half hour of Blindspot Season three.

Possibly the worst half hour of tv ever.
Opens with a fuck off awful friends type song set to some panto acting and new house scenes.
Followed by rank bad hairdos, some box that no one can open but a trip to Nepal can.
A chase in Venice that even the most early RM era Bond film would be embarrassed aboutā€¦

And acting that could turn the paint on my walls yellow.

I quite liked the earlier seasons, beyond the rather starey, glowering school of acting problems. But nowā€¦ Glow in he dark tattoos. His and hers magic metal barsā€¦ ā€œI had an accident a few weeks back and now Iā€™m tattooed to buggery with luminescent murals!ā€

Fuck off with your overly contrived excuses to keep the tattoo thing going.

I suspect Iā€™ll watch the whole season, though.

Iā€™ve just finished Game of Thrones, up to series 7.

Frankly, I think itā€™s bloody brilliant. Sure itā€™s gruesome, but this really is necessary: by being willing to kill off, in often rather unpleasant ways, characters that you have come to like, it makes it clear that anything can happen. How will the last season go? Will Cersei get her just rewards, or will she become queen of the dead and break off the Night Kingā€™s cock on their wedding night and use it to choke the dragon queen? Iā€™d say both are about equally likely.

Itā€™s the best TV Iā€™ve seen for a while, and the only thing that Iā€™ve really enjoyed enough to last the whole way through since House.

2 Likes

Spoilers, twat!

There are loads I could give, that wasnā€™t!

Yello- live in Berlin (Bluray) arrived yesterday preordered from Amazonā€¦not been publicised much ā€¦wonder if the vinyl gonna be released?

Oh god, Iā€™ve just watched the first episode of season 1 of Black Mirror.

Blimey!

absolutely love watching the day the landlords moved in

really is an eyeopener

1 Like

Robot Wars.

Although it seems to be getting polluted with wee-man syndrome and precocious children.

Wasnā€™t @anon14766838 actually present at that?

Yep we was there

That is the worst one in my opinion. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

1 Like

Black Mirror S1:E2

1 Like

One of the many, many things on my list to watch.

Itā€™s clever and thought provoking.

You are in for a treat. I will say no more :sunglasses:

1 Like

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series of detectorists and the Beebā€™s new take on Howardā€™s Endā€¦ except.

In all BBC dramas now there seems to be a quota requirement for black actors and actresses. Iā€™ve no objection to black actors and actresses but the way they are used and the frequency with which they appear in many period dramas means that they stand out as what seems like tokenism. In contemporary dramas set in modern Britain the numbers of BAME actors and actresses quite rightly reflect the demographic spread as it is now. But in dramas set in the early 20th century or indeed the 19th & 18th centuries it just looks contrived. Of course there would have been some (a few) black people living and working in Britain back in the first decade of the 20th century and earlier but watching recent dramas such as Taboo, Dickensian adaptations & even Poldark Iā€™m sure they appear and are featured more prominently than wouldā€™ve been the case. It jars because it looks implausible and smacks of meeting quotas. Does anyone know if broadcasters are obliged to meet quotas regardless of context?

2 Likes