What I'm watching (Part 1)

Some French shite I can’t understand :roll_eyes:

And don’t forget the original Nikita. But his best work was all French, his hollywood efforts not so great…

1 Like
1 Like

I really, really, really hope it’s not shite.

3 Likes

Samaritans on speed dial, just in case.

I can only hope that they wouldn’t want to ruin their reputation.

Mediocrity is such a stubborn stain, Benjamin.

Not yet, but at 20:00 on BBC4, the Secrets of Quantum Physics.

I doubt any of it will penetrate, but hope springs eternal and all that.

1 Like

Uncertainty. That’s the spirit :+1: !

VB

1 Like

I’m going to watch that too.

I need to know more about all those quacks and lepers etc.

I got that joke, and have also answered, correctly, several questions on University Challenge.

Excellent, the neurons are obviously firing tonight.

Hmm, photoelectric effect is interesting. UV light disperses static charge.

I can definitely see a hifi application there…

Well I watched it. I thought it was good. Quantum Mech is hard. Our everyday experience either tells us nothing of value about it, or actively misleads us. We simply have to put everything we think we know on one side and, as he says at one point “Shut up and calculate”.

I only spotted two mistakes. One is a howler, although it’s just a passing illustration so it doesn’t matter. The other I’ll bet you’ll never get. Never. In a sense it doesn’t matter either (except perhaps to one person).

VB

Now I’ll have to watch it.

Decided to treat myself to this

Didn’t realise it was first broadcast in 1959 !

Excellent stuff

2 Likes

Just had a try at HIGNFY in the hope that with such good material from this week’s events it wouldn’t be shite.

A review: It wasn’t shite. It was much, much worse that that.

2 Likes

Family movie night.

First up, Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

As good as the first and plenty of funnies for the grown-ups too.

Oh yeah, it’s a good’un. :grinning:

I still like Ian Hislop doing other things but HIGNFY needs either a thorough re-boot or retiring altogether (probably the latter). Paul Merton hasn’t really been funny for a long time now. The irreverent cheeky young chappie schtick doesn’t really wash coming from a 60 year old.

1 Like

For irreverent dissection of the week that was, The Last Leg (Channel 4) is usually on form. Possible HIGNFY alternative.