What I'm watching (Part 1)

Goliath on Amazon is very good. Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt.

I was surprised to enjoy this: 7.8 / 10.

Groundhog Day. Just awesome.

1 Like

Traveler’s season one

Catching it now on +1. Great film

Yes great film, apart from reminds me of a certain football team lol…

I’m half way through Series 2 of Battlestar Galactica.

Northern soul

1 Like

Tokyo Trial on Netflix
It’s about the Japanese equivalent of the Nuremburg trials, but focuses on the behind the scenes manoeuvring of the various judges that made up the panel, rather than the courtroom evidence. Fascinating stuff.

There are a very few films that I can always watch again. This is one. Others that spring to mind are the Shawshank Redemption and Bourne.

I caught most of Love Actually yesterday evening (I once innocently suggested to an American friend that this was clearly written with the TV Christmas movie market in mind, only for him to query all the effing and blinding, nudity and fornication and just about everything the Billy Mack character says and does - OK, he had a point). And I can watch Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World time and again.

Oh, and Solaris (the George Clooney and Natascha McElhone one). As many times as you like.

VB

Dune for me, as a film to watch over. Not many seem to agree mind.

One of the great book adaptations IMO - if only Lynch had been allowed to complete his full vision :disappointed:

1 Like

I have the book trilogy but have to admit I haven’t read them. I must get round to it someday.

As good as the film is Paul read the book ASAP - it is a masterpiece.

I’ve read all of the Frank Herbert written books and tbh you only need to read Dune.

Children Of Dune is quite good but after that they become increasingly difficult to complete.

1 Like

I keep meaning to. I’ll make an effort in 2017 :slight_smile:

Read them as a nipper back in the 80’s and they were brilliant.

One of the books you have to read as a kid as your imagination is right up to the job.

1 Like

I’ve read Dune countless times and enjoy it as much as I did the first time - superb book.

Some of his others are pretty good too. Valve/tube afficionados might like The Dragon in the Sea (it was published in 1955).

I liked the later Frank Herbert Dune books as well - Heretics and Chapter House