What I'm watching (Part 1)

Good innit :slight_smile:

Sport loving bloke gets ill while skiing. Heart stops, brain damage, loss of sight & disability ensues.
In his garage is a gently rusting Sunbeam Alpine.
In step our 2 heroes & they restore what was a deathtrap scapper, to mint condition.
Reach for the tissuesā€¦its another episode of Car SOS.

1 Like

Yep, second of Saturdayā€™s episodes tonight

1 Like

I love that pretty much every operation they try to run goes wrong!

1 Like

Bit like French cars :slight_smile:

Adam has dragged me to see some Russian sci fi thing (Attraction).

Clearly popularā€¦

6 Likes
3 Likes

Hope you are going to sit in front of him with a hat on.

2 Likes

Just watched 3/3 Miriam Margolyes

Brilliant. Some of the dumbfucks she interviewed were hard to believe, until you remember it is in America

1 Like

The Darkest Hour

Just been to watch this tonight.
Wow, what a brilliant film.
Has anyone else seen it yet?

1 Like

Not been yet, but Donna and I want to see it :+1:

Well, that was somewhat shit*. Still 100x better than Gravity.

*Actually had some good observations about society - decent social commentary, shit sci-fi.

Only one other person turned up! :joy:

2 Likes

I agree, but I quite enjoyed it even so. The effects were surprisingly good, the people and society side was insightful.

The main issue is one that I find annoyingly common: some stuff happens because plot reasons, when it just makes no sense or there could have been an easy workround to prevent it. Indestructable alien mechanised armour is unlikely to struggle to deal with a mob with baseball bats. Aliens are not going to be biologically identical to us. There is a laziness in plotting some films; where is the person to challenge such laziness?

1 Like

#walkswithmydog

Series 6 of French cop drama Spiral.

I watched an earlier series (two or three?) of Spiral but donā€™t recall any others. Maybe other series werenā€™t translated into English.

Anyway, series 6 has been excellent so far - Iā€™ve watched the first three episodes. Reminds me of The Wire, but French, obviously.

Made ā€˜in association withā€™ the BBC which I think means the BBC threw some of our money at it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying it, and like you donā€™t recall seeing any other previous series, but it doesnā€™t really matter.

Thereā€™s one or two references to what happened in previous episodes in previous series, but youā€™re right, hasnā€™t spoiled my enjoyment of this series. Iā€™m going to look for the series I missed out on. Possibly on DVD.

Iā€™ve watched them all (with the exception of series 2 which is on my hard drive) But theyā€™ve all been of very high quality. Iā€™m still bemused by the French system where a judge like Roban directs the investigation rather than senior plod.

Watched Gods of Egypt last night. Oh dear lord itā€™s awful, but you can get distracted by the revolution in womenā€™s fashion caused by what was clearly the advent of the push up bra in ancient Egypt :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Were the other series broadcast on the BBC? Just wondering if I missed them during my extended period of drunkenness.

I do remember watching one of the earlier series, but thatā€™s all.