What I'm watching (Part 1)

Totp 1985. Dead or Alive, The Smiths, Killing Joke and The Colourfield. BBC4 now.

I actually remember watching this episode round at my girlfriends house and her dad slagging off everyone on it apart from Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson…

3 Likes

Kwality!

Headless bass guitars, whatever happened to them?

aagh 3 nights of hoarders with subtitles !!! ah the joys of sharing a listening room:!!:

Just watched the last episode of Gomorrah s2)
Surprised how much I’d forgotten. Needed the reminder.

Bleak!

Set up for binge s3 now. Love the ominous piano.

1 Like

Just going in for episode 1 of the third now .

Wife watching Van Helsing series whilst I grumble. Fuckers seem to have mixed up vampires and zombies and created something very wooden in the process :confounded:

I haven’t seen that, but I’m generally getting tired of the lack of imagination in many of the dystopian future offerings - too many “plague creates zombies” type things. Looking forward to the next series of Handmaid’s Tale though - April. One that bucks the trend.

Watching Ascension on Netflix. At first didn’t seem to promising, but by episode 3 it’s become rather intriguing.

1 Like

Agree - wife also recently made me watch the 2nd Mazerunner film and they’ve done the same post apocalypse everyone’s a zombie shit too.

Anything with either zombies or vampires in it. Just no. (or dragons)

3 Likes

Watching Altered Carbon at lunch time…

1 Like

Grrr… I had to go to the office today…

I’m in the office :grin:

3 Likes

La Casa De Papel - Netflix with subs - So far so good.

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm…

I’ve just watched the third. It has another really annoying Hollywood fave - endless cliff-hangers and improbable rescues just in time. Honestly, fuck off. Also, stupid decisions that turn out right. Again, fuck off. All the fucking clichés, fuck off with them.

Good, bad or indifferent Hmmmmmm?

I’m not convinced so far, it’s ok I guess. I’m not seeing any new ideas yet, it’s a mishmash of other films and series before it.

The killing of a sacred deer. Disturbing & weird. Probably not recommended as it’ll be 2 hours you definitely won’t be getting back.

imdb reviews possibly as polarised as any I’ve seen for any film.