What kit are you listening to today?

You wouldn’t need to switch the room lights on with that baby powered up

https://i.imgur.com/lLTlGs1.gif

2 Likes

Needs more meters and some marble.

3 Likes

I really liked your cart alignment advice on Saturday, should make it a sticky :ok_hand:

Tonight I’m listening to a few records after fitting @Ijrussell ‘s lovely OL silver mki to my 401.
I’ve got to say it sounds rather good.

image hosting gif

8 Likes

Must say I fancy owning a 401 one of these days, preferably an Audio Grail fettled one!

Will it come with all the MWS you can eat?

Whether you like it or not :+1:

There is a hint of the Nigel Gresley aesthetic about both the 301 & 401. Robust engineering.

4 Likes

Now there’s a thought - a 301 in “Mallard blue”… :heart:

2 Likes

Drugs are baaad, m’kay?

4 Likes

tart

1 Like

Today more playing about - I have now connected the RAAL tweeters into my system using the mini DSP unit and currently playing with crossover frequencies. I have connected the bass and mid on same pair of channels for now, so have lost some time alignment but added some treble above 10Khz . It’s gonna take a while to blend this all together.

I think there is a phase issue somewhere with one lead reversed but cannot trace it at the moment

7 Likes

I like the Battleship look

IMG_4125 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

8 Likes

Decided to dig out the Transmissison Audio M1-i speakers as the last time I used them it sounded as if there was a problem with one of the tweeters but so far so good.- fingers crossed.

TT same as Paul’s @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion only with a Rondo Blue cart.

Phono stage is a Trigon Advance

CD player is a Canor CD2 VR+ - much tube goodness

Denon DRM 550 tape deck

Epiphany Acoustics USB thingy

Icon Audio ST40MKIII amp.

Do have some thick (like me) speakers cables but can’t be arsed digging them out.

I do have a few pairs of cheapo speakers that I swap around -

B&W DM110i’s, Sony SS-7200 but I need to get some different stands for them and slso a pair of Tannoy 605’s lurking in the attic.

MJ Acoustics Pro50 sub

13 Likes

Front view please and what’s the bass unit?

The bass unit is a Selenium neo 15W12P-ND

• I think Selenium were bought out by JBL some time ago
    I have sorted the phase issue. This set up is easy to configure as a 3 way or 2 different 3 way speakers just by using the MiniDSP app - Going forward if decent two way looks workable I would like to identify the very best 15" driver for use at around 2hkz
2 Likes

Nice TT weight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are there any that play that high? You’d run into break up and beaming/directivity issues, I would have thought.

1 Like