World Cup Squad

Southgate needs to be able to field two types of team. In the group stage they’ll need to be offensive against two weaker sides that sit back & defend but then against Belgium & any subsequent opponents they’ll need to play counter attacking football requiring a Vardy or Rashford up front & someone who can pick them out at distance.

Is this really a Fantasy Football thread?
May will play the ‘boycott’ card and save us all the embarrassment of going out at the group stage.

2 Likes

Here’s my team.
Captain is Holger Czukay, I mean
Gerry Gow

5 Likes

You may need to draft in a replacement, I think Peter Wyngarde might be injured :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Good to see Joe Hart involved and Livermore rather than Shelvey. No Milner or Andy Carroll?

I’m preferring Mr Benson’s squad at the moment.

Has anybody figured out what Jake Livermore is actually for yet?

He sits on various benches.

Lallana’s lucky to be in the squad. He’s been crocked most of the season.

He’s crocked, shoe in for the World Cup.

1 Like

There are a few who have either not been playing regularly or who are in poor form. Gomez. Hart Henderson, Lallana, Livermore, Rose, Stones, Welbeck and Wilshere would all fit that description. Southgate did originally say he’d pick people who were playing well & regularly yet he’s evidently abandoned that idea.

Gazza in some sort of dignitary/elder statesman role.

Why no Demarai Gray?
Not the finished article,but can cause a defence problems if he comes on for the last 20-30 mins.

Where is Phil Neal?

1 Like

There seem to be a few who have got in the England side without being automatic selections for their clubs. So is the premiership better than international football?

I should think Champions league is.

70% of EPL players are foreign…

The other 30% aren’t all regulars for their clubs