Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

I installed Windows 10, then my version of Office, a fairly recent one but not the latest. No shortcuts, nothing in the menus, nada. I had to add it manually. The cockpunch for Microsoft, and Windows especially, should be so hard as to crumble testicles.

Windows 10 is the nail in the coffin of Windows as a client system. Ever decreasing market share and a reluctance to upgrade means a slow death.

Even businesses are waking up to the Microshaft ripoff pricing.

The graph doesnā€™t support that view though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which graph there are many? The one where Windows is dying or the one where Windows 10 has failed to surplant Windows 7?

This ^^^.

So many IT products are produced and marketed by people for whom cyberspace is their entire life. They live with this stuff 24/7. Unsurprisingly they quickly come to regard its bizarre and arcane eccentricities as being as intuitive as the rules of fugue writing (if youā€™re J S Bach) or flying a hot-air balloon (if youā€™re Per Lindstrand). Unfortunately they are incapable of empathy with people who spend any of their time out here in physical reality and who regard their IT systems as a background tool, not the air that they breathe.

VB

No different to any other new release. It took years for 7 to overtake XP market share.

hugest CP to the tossers that did this - horrible - jail would be too goodā€¦

I may beat the shit out of the dog once in a while, but this makes my blood fecking boil

WTF?

Next to ā€˜Malbecā€™ā€¦

Just vile.

ā€˜Louiseā€™ who was delivering the weather nowcast on the Today programme this morning. Just before 8 oā€™clock she told the nation that there was a band of heavy showers sweeping through and she mentioned Oxfordshire in particular. She also made a point of saying that there was no thunder. If you were in my part of Oxfordshire it was a bit hard to hear this though. Because of the thunder. 100% useless.

VB

1 Like

While Iā€™m here, and following on from the Holidays thread, Cambridgeshire County Council highways people can have one. Last Friday I very nearly came to serious grief on the footpath which approaches and then goes around Willow Farm, north of Chatteris. I set about reporting the dangerous state of this path this morning and discovered

a) that once you start to make a complaint youā€™re shown a very useful map here (click Continue) https://highwaysreporting.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/ which reveals all the previous and current reports of trouble, but which YOUā€™D NEVER KNOW WAS THERE :rage: if you hadnā€™t already had such a bad experience that you had to complain, and

b) that there have been three other complaints about precisely this short piece of path*, including one which claims parts of it are collapsing into the neighbouring drain (to all intents and purposes a very steep-sided river) and the flags marking all of them on the map are still red, which means Cambs County Council hasnā€™t even started to investigate them, despite one being nearly a year old !!

I donā€™t know whether the ultimate responsibility lies with the council or the landowner. Nor do I know who the landowner itself is (the Willow Farm buildings are fenced off, so the adjacent land may not be theirs). But someone needs either to do something about the pathā€™s condition or to admit defeat and close it. Itā€™s seriously dangerous IMO. In any case the existence of the map should be made VERY obvious so walkers can keep themselves away from danger.

VB

*Follow the A141 north out of Chatteris and Willow Farm is just south-east of the point where the road crosses Vermuydenā€™s Drain. If you zoom in sufficiently you can see flags marking the individual reports.

I thought there was going to be something about a person who may or may not have been the same person in a caravan?

Rupert can have one for services to cuntery. The story in the Guardian suggests that I may not be alone in holding this opinion of him :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

BA can have oneā€¦

Usual crap :poop:

I have a cheque for Ā£1235-00 in damages/expenses from BA :grinning:

6 Likes

Well done :+1:

Iā€™ve been sat on the runway for the past hourā€¦ grrrrrā€¦

:unamused: My sympathies.

I think that comes under extraordinary disruption.