Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Sometimes that works. But sometimes the company will still get punished. If keeping themselves safe requires the staff to behave in ways which just aren’t reasonable (e.g. wearing uncomfortable PPE for long periods) or if the company knows that the rules are being broken and doesn’t do everything possible to put a stop to it then they will still go down.

VB

It’s a numbers game for big corporates Graeme. The more they train, the fewer accidents…

…and these days PPE has to be comfortable - so there’s no excuse. For the very odd occasion where it isn’t, there will be a time limit imposed.

1 Like

That’s true. I approve of training (provided the aim is genuinely to make people safer, not just to tick boxes).

Sometimes I used to have to wear things like these

There were good reasons why they had to be this way but after a long day struggling with a difficult research grade laser and a bunch of facility users unable to work until you’d fixed the problem you did come to hate them.

VB

A definite H&S risk, I’d say

7 Likes

Not that comfortable either :grin: !

VB

2 Likes

You’d need those bloody goggles to shield your retinas from that top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ricky Tomlinson seems to like it.

6 Likes

Count yourself lucky. Not only do I still have these shorts but last week, when it was stinky hot, I was wearing them.

VB

7 Likes

e-gaddz

Groovy beard…

I hope you were walking the meridian wearing those. :thumbsup:

Jim’s got the matching shirt

3 Likes

Thanks

Not given the bloody nettles north of Chatteris.

VB

touch of the Peter Sutcliffe in that photo

4 Likes

Still waiting for the full story of the danger & the caravan people.

1 Like

Doppelganger

1 Like

Bit tricky. The guy (?) in the bee-keeping suit wandered away as I approached the farm. The footpath doesn’t actually cross the land inside the farmhouse’s garden fence and I can’t be sure whether the surrounding land now belongs to that property or to another one. There was a caravan on the farm though, and I was pretty sure there was someone staring at me out of the 'van window (80-100yds away) as I tried to scramble through the nettles/brambles/thistles up the road embankment without falling. If there was someone there then they didn’t come across to offer either help or guidance.

VB

Bee keeping suit? More likely a meth lab. :grinning:

1 Like

There were beehives as part of the suite of things assembled to sting passers by.

VB

2 Likes

The current Government can have one each. Whatever about the DUP agreement etc, we’ve all seen the efforts that the police, fire and ambulance services went through in the last few weeks, yet there is no money for them, or teachers nurses yaddada yaddada. 1% in the face of the current inflation rate is yet another pay cut in real terms.

Meme time:

2 Likes