Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Mine was the same. She’ll be gone a year on December 9th. With the benefit of hindsight I’m glad I made the effort to see her as regularly as I could.

Not great, they’re going to discharge her next week (prob Tues) to await a date for the operation. We had hoped that she would have the op during this visit.

Both of us are very disappointed.

They’ll get her sorted Jim :+1:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Good she’ll be at home for a while but the waiting is a nightmare.

1 Like

Sounds tough right now but hopefully Lou will get a date soon and get sorted.

1 Like

At least they are happy that it doesn’t need to be done immediately, that’s not bad news.

1 Like

Are there any private options open to you guys?

I really don’t know. It is worth considering though.

Regrettably it’s often the only resort to fast-track health treatment.

Much as I dislike the principle of private medical treatment (I refused free, unlimited BUPA when I was working) I may have to consider it.

Private care is fine for getting a head start for diagnosis, but when you’re in treatment phase you want to be with the NHS. You don’t want heart surgery in a small boutique hospital, you want it in a great big hospital with A&E and dozens of doctors at hand!

6 Likes

Also very true

Disagree. Our private health care uses the best, most appropriate facility, whether private or NHS, just with days wait, as opposed to months.

This is the case usually.

Most private health policies simply allow you to jump queues. NHS facilities but given priority over everybody else.

Distasteful, but there it is.

2 Likes

Yep, that and choose Consultant.

Where I am the queues are for beds for recovery, rather than the actual treatment.

I ended up paying my way out of a very unpleasant, but not life-threatening situation.

Same consultant, same hospital, but not jockeying with the stabbing victims for a bed to recover afterwards.

On the day of my the op they asked me if I could come in early, because all of the consultant’s NHS operations had been cancelled due to lack of beds for recovery.

It worked for me.

However, had I gone private for the first round it would have bankrupted me, quite literally. The wheels fell off completely, I needed two operations, and I was in hospital for a long time.

Personally I’d recommend going private if you’re waiting, but you need to go in with your eyes open; it can get very, very expensive.

and that’s why I eschew private healthcare

NHS beds - none available

Private beds (in the same hospital) - available

Fucking tragic

3 Likes

Depends on how you read it.

There are plenty who would argue that the existence of the private beds pays for more NHS beds.

Personally, at the time, I couldn’t have given a shit. If I had to club seals to death and sell my granny to make it happen, I would have done so.

1 Like

Cyber Monday, whatever the fuckity fuck that is, can have one. In fact, all spammers can have an vicious uppercut to the plums for each and every email they send out. Especially large American Corporations with a poor history of paying their tax.