Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Not heard of Wilkes, but have heard of the others. Hopper really is a legend. As is Margaret Hamilton in that area, now that I think about it. Yes she was working on very much a closed system, but I’m not sure it gets much more high pressure than the flight software for the Apollo missions. Both were just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Obama, which is well deserved (sadly Hopper posthumously).

F35.

2 Likes

Sadly or luckily, i don’t have a clue what any of you are going on about.

8 Likes

For a few years I was one of a group of people who would sit in on recruitment interviews for other departments at the place I worked (the aim was to try to keep standards roughly equivalent across the organisation and to make sure, not that I ever needed to, that there wasn’t anything iffy going on). I sat through quite a few interviews for posts writing software for space missions (mostly for instruments on earth-orbiting satellites). The ESA set pretty high standards for its software, but again it worked almost always with closed systems. No-one involved in a 9-figure project (that’s the budget) was working on the basis of ‘a bright idea’ he’d had while skateboarding in that morning. I did see some candidates’ faces drop as it became clear just how regulated their working life was going to have to be.

VB

1 Like

You really should write an autobiography (as well as Frank), I think it would make for fascinating reading.

The roon forum has some major tools with a sense of humour failure.

I had a post reported and deleted earlier when i responded to someone who was complaining that having the roon app open on his tablet was causing SQ issues.

I jokingly responded

“It’s psychological, with the app open you can see the album name and you realise that you have a really bad taste in music”

Apparently that sort of bullying is not appreciated.

7 Likes

Yes, to say it’s dry over there would be an understatement. Unfortunately it breeds the sort of foo bullshit that riddles nearly all forums relating to hifi, because the crackpots can claim anything unchallenged.

Safe space wankers.

1 Like

Not the bit about the software engineer interviews I’m afraid …

VB

The internet in general for providing a platform for the vain to boast about their material goods or just how totes amaz’ they think their life is.

Can’t buy self awareness though can you, you shallow cunts.

9 Likes

Fucking spot on!

errr…this is a hifi forum…:wink:

1 Like

Is it? Fuck, who changed that then?

2 Likes

Hifi is nothing to boast about!

My brain can have one for it’s apparent complete lack of ability to concentrate on something for more than about 30s before getting distracted by the most trivial of shit.

1 Like

Massive and particularly vicious cockpunch to all spammers in general who seem to abound in the run up to Xmas, but particularly those of the petfood forum variety.

So far, I’ve ignored Amazon, Virgin and Naked Wines, AO, Richer Sounds, AO and all of Black Friday, waved a cheery two fingers at Cyber Monday and other such vacuous marketing exercises. However, now it seems that Super Wammer Monday, the glorious 12th, is upon us. I was going to read the email but slipped and landed on my delete key, so I presume I will miss out on oceans of free cat food and the opportunity to be annoyed by the world’s most irritating twitter feed.

I shall give £20 to MacMillan cancer support instead.

Gobshite!

5 Likes

LOL,

I would’ve been oblivious to this. But just checked my Yahoo spam folder & sure enough this Super Friskies Upgrade To Uber Kittykat bollox is there.

Would make a great Christmas present too, apparently. Only for a giver of utter shit presents methinks.

5 Likes

Ditto :thumbsup:

I feel gutted I didn’t receive anything to complain about, saying that they did give my email to that MCRU cunt.

Punch to the genitals for visitors who, when offered tea or coffee, asked for a glass of boiling water. What the fuck is that about?

Fuck, you must make truly shit tea and coffee.

8 Likes