Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Astra Owners Club meet?

1 Like

Hi fi,the Travelodge had a stunning view of lidls roof

yes I have surround cameras with ā€œPorsche Parking plusā€

Thought Iā€™d just quote my own post rather than rant all over again. It appears thereā€™s nothing quite like the run up to Christmas and the ability to spam all over many different social media platforms that your average shallow boastful twat enjoys more :sleeping:

Fucking get over yourselves.

2 Likes

CP to people that canā€™t get around without a twat nav.

2 Likes

I can get around fine without one. The problems only started when I tried to get around with one. Lesson learned.

VB

Yep, you still have to look out the window when you have a satnavā€¦

'Merca needs one, for ā€˜onlyā€™ having 7100 Nukes against Vladā€™s 7300 nukes. Losers!

Two fuckwits in charge with Europe sat in the middle.

Nice to see nuclear proliferation and START treaties being resolved via a Tweet.

Now then, chant along, duck and cover

Heā€™s definitely got the moral high ground here. Thereā€™s an early DSOTM, first pressing of The Wall, an original Electric Ladylandā€¦ All in decent nick.

Iā€™ve got shed loads of fresh tapes, I pick them up whenever I see decent ones. Using some Maxell UDI-CD 90s which are a nice type 1.

Tapes, ha ha ha, he said tapes. :triumph:

1 Like

Rip them to digital, then you have a master copy that your can create tapes etc from

Yes, that would be the sensible way to do itā€¦except I needed to buy a thing. And I havenā€™t.

Happy ripping direct to tape. Old school and all that. Reminds me of being a kid and copying mates latest albums.

Sorry for previous post - hadnā€™t thought of that :cry:

How do you skip to another track on your I-ting :wink:

Derr, the modern (circa 1990-ishā€¦)tapedeck has Automatic Music Search, which occasionally allows you to ffwd directly to the next track, providing the noise floor is low enough and the gap between tracks is long enough andā€¦

You can automatically insert a suitable silence between tracks using the Rec Mute button and patience.

Derr is right!

Iā€™m off to do some reading up.

Was joking Mick. It hardly ever works properly unless you insert a 4 second blank between tracks, which can ruin the flow of certain albums/genres.

Iā€™m fully aware of tapes shortcomings, but still enjoy it for nostalgia. It can sound great though, given good equipment/tape stock/source material.

2 Likes

This is very true. I recorded hundreds of gigs on a WM D6 back in the day. I changed to an M-Audio Microtrak a decade ago. I still listen to the tapes, I rarely listen to the FLACs. Iā€™m a big fan of a cassette.

1 Like

Ooh, Iā€™d love a WM-D6. I nearly got one a few years back, but when the seller checked it out before sending it off, he found one of the gears had brokenā€¦ :cry:

Just download them as mp3 from a pirate site and put them on tape and heā€™ll be none the wiser

1 Like