Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Are you buying a Porsche?

You should’ve said. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

My new boss, he want’s to change the world in a month. Fuck him sideways.

Yeah, I missed that too.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t brag about something like that would you… not with you being the most self deprecating person on here :laughing:

1 Like

Is his name Donald?

Sadly no.

Kneecap to the nads of Ticketweb. A booking fee of £3.25 per ticket is a fucking joke, but to charge a further £2 delivery fee because I printed at home is out of order. Cunts!

3 Likes

Cockpunch to Chris Evans for only nearly dying over Christmas. Bastard couldn’t even do the decent thing for us all in 2016.

4 Likes

I have just booked 2 £35 tickets £20 booking Fee £10 postage
Ticket arses Total ended up £105

Where did the extra £5 come from?

VAT

So, £105 for £70 tickets?

Not on

Noticed some tickets recently that the booking fee was 10% sliding scale of the face value, instead of a fixed price.

I think you need to make sure they are leveraging your organisations social Street and keeping an eye on the back channels…I don’t know what it means but I was told it was important this morning.

Oh just let me know where to send the invoice for my consultancy fee.

Social Street ?

VB

3 Likes

Yes - Total disgrace, It’s really pissed me off In recent times this has been getting worse and worse. I told my mate the tickets were £35 because that was what was advertised. Then had to tell him £50

1 Like

The whole ticket selling setup is a disgrace. The laws on sale (and particularly resale) of tickets are useless. The upcoming Kraftwerk tour is a prime example of this. Tickets are selling at many times their face value through ‘partner sites’ when the shows went up as sold out almost instantly. A root and branch clear out of the entire cess pit is long overdue.

5 Likes

This, it’s a free market that desperately needs regulation to protect consumers.

I assume it’s mostly just a cover exercise to allow the promoters/bands to rake in as much money as the market will bear while still being able to claim that they love their fans and are therefore keeping the ticket prices reasonable. Alternatively the events may genuinely be many tens (hundreds ?) of times oversubscribed and it’s hard to see what could be done about that. The Proms solution might be the best - where you put in a request for tickets in advance of a deadline and if the event’s oversubscribed when the deadline is reached then they’re just allocated on a lottery basis. I don’t know how they stop touts from swamping the exercise with multiple small requests though.

VB

OK, I know it’s Mr Williams but still…