Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Memes containing spelling mistakes can have a thwack in the knacks.

10 Likes

The mongers are so politically naive that they think theyā€™ve elected a king. These orders are plenty of bark with no bite. Some of the orders are unconstitutional and wonā€™t stand up in court and everything else has to be approved by Congress and (hereā€™s the tough part) funded. Most of this will never happen or will be enacted in a diluted form.

You still have to pay.

Indeed, thatā€™s why it was the perfect analogy.

Fixt for accuracy

I have spent all day fighting a stubborn boiler.

Baxi 80e instant quite a few years old, just giving heating no hot water. Anyhooā€¦parts are just over Ā£200 trade, boiler old and has obvious signs of epoxy repairs to some joins on water side.

Borderline replacement with new boiler situ.

Itā€™s for a friends daughterā€¦donā€™t have much money. So I thought, fuck itā€¦ canā€™t be beyond the wit of man to get this piece of shit back on track.

It won. New boiler tomorrow. Fucked my day right up and tomorrow.

If itā€™s any consolation Iā€™ve been working, when I can fit it in, on a single early Quad II and associated mono QC2 pre-amp which belongs to a retired friend of my brotherā€™s. I thought the QC2 would be a miserable trudge which, to be honest, wouldnā€™t repay the effort. But he wanted me to rescue it after 30 years in a damp garage. The Quad II, however, would be worth it because they always are. Wrong. The QC2 was actually quite straightforward since all the risky bits (wafer switches, pots, interconnect cables) were OK. The Quad II on the other hand has been the example from hell. It has failed in ways Iā€™ve never seen before (over the years I must have done more than 20 of them) and serially, and mercilessly, in increasing order of component cost:

First the smoothing choke - this was dead on arrival,

Second the tagboard - yes, the actual resin-bonded paper has become conductive in places (that was a bugger to track down) presumably due to moisture ingress, with the leakage current subtly switching the output valves into dangerous overcurrent as everything warms up,

Third the mains transformer - after running fine all through Xmas this tripped the RCD on my consumer unit less than an hour after Iā€™d sent my customer the invoice. It is a big deal, but not insuperable as I do know a rewinder who might be talked into doing me a favour if Iā€™m prepared to melt the innards out of their hideous bitumen potting. In the meantime I broke the bad news and fitted a replacement,

Fourth the output transformer - this was the straw that broke the camelā€™s back. They hardly ever fail. But when everthing else was fixed this spontaneously (it seems) developed a few shorted turns. The rest of the amp coped with them manfully up to about 5 watts but then it hits a wall and the distortion goes through the roof. And, letā€™s face it, the fault is only going to get worse isnā€™t it. There is no fix. Itā€™ll need another transformer (three digit cost) at which point Iā€™ll have replaced all three wound components as well as the output valves and rectifier.

Into everyoneā€™s life a little rain must fall.

VB

4 Likes

You make fair point !

ā€œIā€™m going to fuck you up the assā€

Fucks you up the ass.

ā€œAnd now I deserve your respect for doing what I said I wouldā€

Yeah, makes sense.

1 Like

Sounds great but youā€™re in the wrong game. Stick a badge on it, add a 12ā€ and some mojo and ka-ching!

2 Likes

Me probably. Weā€™ve all been ill this week. I took my sons temperature with an an infrared in ear thermometer. Then I looked shocked and told him Iā€™d accidentally used the mind zapper and erased his memories from today. He looked worried and said no I hadnā€™t. I said well what did you have for breakfast?? By that point he was so panicked that he couldnā€™t remember. It was fucking hilarious.

15 Likes

Haha, evil.

UK Mail.

Donā€™t know how the fuck they managed it but I ordered a bit of IT kit for a customer job from a UK company.

Today I received a delivery where the parcel has a PostNL label addressed to a guy in Brighton, it even has a separate address label for the same address/person yet UK Mail ignored all that and decided to relabel it with my address.

They have no phone number or web chat and their response to my email was ā€œthe parcel was successfully delivered and signed for, if you have a complaint send it in writing to xxxx and we will investigateā€

Have now had to order the same kit again in order to complete the work and get paid so Iā€™m going to be Ā£3k out of pocket until resolved.

Aaaagggghhhhh!!! fucking useless courier cunts.

2 Likes

Credit card I hope!

Business debit card but Misco have said they will cancel and refund the original order once the delivery is confirmed lost (or is found) by the courier.

Iā€™ve been in a foul mood all day, coming down with some bug or otherā€¦feel all fragile where even my hair hurts.

Itā€™s been like the Hound of the Baskervilles up here today, misty, cold, damp.

Had a ā€˜hovererā€™ today, a real You-tube know-all, who insisted on questioning everything.

Ended up blowing my stack when he started going on about ā€˜bloke on internet says this, why are you doing it like thatā€™.

Iā€™m not proud of this at all, but I do seem to be getting short more often than I ever have before.

Anyhooā€¦phoned the lad and apologised. He took it well, and I get a slight bit of satisfaction from the fact his phone seems to be knackered after he was pissing about with the magnetic filter.

A nad nudge to getting older and crotchety.

And another small one to my wife who isnā€™t picking up her phone in the front room to attend me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

bunged ears and sore throat

Load of big girlā€™s blouses :weary:

1 Like