Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

East Linton was our final spot before leaving for Newcastle.

North Berwick Law also has a special place. East Lothian has no equal as far as I am concerned.

West Linton is a lovely place…but alas only drove through it on my way to Carlisle before getting married.

1 Like

Anyhoo… this is the cockpunching thread… :slight_smile:

You cunt.

Sorry, forgot where I was for a minute.

You cunt.

1 Like

I / we lived in Edinburgh for 17 years before moving to That London.

There is a house for sale in West Linton at the moment that I weally, weally want

but I’m afraid with the logistics it’s going to remain a dream - there’s no way I could get my shit together in time. And with the offers over system goodness only knows what it would actually sell for.

Funnily enough, my parents lived at Ladyurd, near Blyth Bridge for a long time… Many a night spent supping in the Linton Hotel - including a decent pint of Orkney Ales Dark…
Ya pack o’ bastards!

3 Likes

I lived in Marchmont for a year before moving darn sarf… Arden Street, so not too far from the centre. Loved the place.

1 Like

LOL, next door neighbours with Rebus? :smile:

I was one road over in Spottiswoode Street for 6 years.

1 Like

I think the character may have been exactly the same address- 46 Arden St. I was in Auld Reekie round about 92/93…

Wrong about the number, Rebus was no.17

I was in Edinburgh 1987 - 2004, but only in Marchmont 1998-2004. I had a posh main door flat, 13 foot ceilings and cold as fuck. Ooh, get me :smile:

I remember the cold ! No central heating with, as you say, those high ceilings… Still, the pubs were warm :grinning:

So many Edinburgh connections, I shall cast around for a potential meet-up venue.

3 Likes

CP to the hordes of Audi-cunts making a bid to ruin the M42 for everyone else this morning.

Are these impatient self untitled twats born to be such utter wankers, or is it the moment they’re sat behind their fucking A5’s that turns them into mindless tailgaters?

Commiserations on that move. Edinburgh to London would make me cry.

Count me in for a meet up. Would be good to match some names to faces.

I would totally have offered to do that, but since you’re offering :wink: I won’t step on your toes :thumbsup: count me in though

Do we have any hipster venues in Edinburgh? Haven’t been out for a few years. :slight_smile:

Make it Aberdeen and I’m all over it

:smiley: