Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Did they get broken?

They did, it cost me £300 repair bill

Ouch

This I know to be true, but having only been to one (James’s virgin BO at t;other place) the stars haven’t aligned to attend another one. Guess that’s my shit to deal with and no slight against any of you

CP to Eastjet - why? well WTF is SmartLynx Airlines?

EZY just emailed me to tell me my flight will be operated by SmartLynx Airlines, and they will “try and accommodate” the pre-booked seats I have paid for…

hmmmmmm

The publicity is less damaging when SmartLynx bumps you off. :grinning:

If I were you I’d take Ye Bigge Stickke Of Cockpunchynge with me in case they try to re accommodate you. I’m guessing you like your teeth where they are, thank you very much.

1 Like

eh? you mean SuperLynx? Latvia - strange thing is, I thought I bought tickets to Spain…

The bloke on United got two of his teeth knocked out when United “re-accomodated” him.

I was suggesting that you go prepared for a similar eventuality.

I geddit I was being dim…

RyanAir will sell you a gumshield for £19.99

3 Likes

Here you go. Enjoy the flight…

5 Likes

Years ago Modern Drunkard Magazine (it’s a thing, Google it) ran an article asserting that a discerning toper should always attempt to book onto some old Malev or Aeroflot junker because the experience was so terrifying that cabin staff kept passenger’s glasses overflowing, basically in an attempt to anaesthetise them.

I fancy the bar on that tin coffin.

I once flew in an old Tupolev out of Novosibirsk. It was sufficiently rattly that bits came off in my hand (OK, it was only one bit - the tray table - but nonetheless …). They used a different tactic to get you onto the plane. They put the security gate before check-in and staffed it with people whose only word of English was “No”. At least that’s what the woman I met said again and again when I tried to use my new-fangled e-ticket to get by her. I spent a very sweaty 30 minutes trying to find someone on the ‘ground’ side of security who could help me with this. By the time I’d done so I’d have climbed in with Alcock and Brown just to get into the air.

VB

I flew on a Tupolev from Sofia to Lagos in 1989, you haven’t learnt to appreciate life until you’ve flown in a 20 year old ex military Tupolev run by a failing eastern bloc airline

In my case it was S7 - “The largest airline east of the Urals”. They’ve upgraded to Airbus planes now, it seems.

VB

I flew on something similar from Moscow to Paris at about the same time. I recall people (staff and travellers) at the airport in Moscow smoking absolutely everywhere except anywhere near the plane itself. There was a very, very strong smell of jet fuel. Thankfully, I was totally hammered from a lengthy session on the vodka before going to the airport and a 3-hour delay at the airport so was quite blithe about the dangers of incineration. I do recall there being a mad scramble to get off the thing once we arrived in Paris though.

Never. Ever. Again.

This deserves to go in the Things that Restore Your Faith thread :stuck_out_tongue:

“…are not uncommon to the drinker, be they a devotee of the lifestyle, or merely a weekender”

http://www.drunkard.com/the-beauty-in-the-blackout/

1 Like

flew to Australia with old Aeroflot. Gave a paper at a conference at University of Novosibirsk - flew Aeroflot…

most terrifying flights include Alliance Air internal in India (1 day after a similar Alliance Air plane had fallen out of the sky), PIA from Karachi to Peshawar in Pakistan and an internal flight in Nigeria from Lagos to Port Harcourt with Aero Contractors, and also Belleview Airlines and another whose name escapes me.

oh and the Kuwait air flight from Kuwait City to Bahrain, that took off into a nasty storm and was blown off of the runway on to the grass in Bahrain. Totally scary and later that evening I inadvertently discovered Club No in Bahrain which was another story…

Dunno what you mean. :slight_smile: