YouTube music ramblings

And the most beautiful song of the day…

Brian Johnson fuck off, this is how to sing AC/DC songs you Geordie twat.

Complete classic from Van Halen.

1 Like

Fuck ! I agree with Bob again :flushed:

2 Likes

And Van Halen Van Halen is genuinely that rarest of commodities: all killer no filler.

Bon Scott died just around the corner from where I live.

Not a lot of people know that.

I was gutted for a week.

I was 13, I didn’t really understand at the time.

Phil Lynott’s death hit me surprisingly hard a few years later.

I was 17.

I was 20.

I was 22

He were a proper character. Far more charisma than the Geordie twat hiding underneath his flat cap…

1 Like

When I was 13, my stepsister’s husband gave me a vinyl copy of “If you want blood…”, a cassette of Deep Purple In Rock and also pointed me towards Black Sabbath.

I am still grateful to him for sharing!

1 Like

When AC/DC were looking for Bon’s replacement, due to management intervention and a wish by Bon that the flat capped turd be considered, they overlooked the former lead singer of The Easybeats’ Stevie Wright, who would have been a more worthy replacement…

Never understood all the hatred directed toward the fella…
He does what he does pretty well, and he’s doing a far better job than Bon could do at this moment!
It’s like the Metallica and Cliff Burton thing…

Metallica have been shit for years, since One.

1 Like

For me it comes down to charisma.
I’m not, and never have been, a huge AC/DC fan. I grew up with their music but I was interested in more “creative” music. I have, however, dipped in and out over the years.

Bon Scott had a stage presence which was ol’ skool Rawk front man. He didn’t hide behind a cap, he had a great vocal range and had the crowd eating out of his well stocked jeans.

I find Johnson’s vocal style annoying. It’s a monotone screech. Watching him live (Memorial Drive, Adelaide), he was trying too hard to be Bon without having a clue what Bon was.

Yes, they have been way more successful since he joined, but I simply doesn’t like his style.

Still, what do I know ? I know nothing about music.

Fair enough! But I feel there are so many more deserving targets for vitriol!
And Metallica have always been a bit shit imho, they’re just less shit in the bass department than they used to be - though yer Cliff fanbois haven’t spotted this yet!

Poptastic…