1st SOUTH WEST Weekender

I assume the dress code will be formal outdoor attire.

My order has been placed

Oh. I thought there were canoes. I was going to come a bit more casual

http://theredlist.com/media/database/settings/cinema/1970-1980/apocalypse-now/012-apocalypse-now-theredlist.jpg

VB

5 Likes

Hipster

1 Like

I was planning to come in mufti

Any of the below attending?

Negatory Sir. I refer you to the text - "Plymouth is a 25 min drive "

4 Likes

I have been having a think about this weekend.
Is there a b&b anywhere near the site?
I donā€™t drink and while I have absolutely nothing against anyone else getting hammered there comes a time in the evening where being somewhere else is always a good option.
At Scalford for instance, at the point where the decibel level got ramped up to max (the people not the music) and everyone stopped speaking English and reverted to the secret language that is only understood with the help of a babel fish or a small distillery I could just go to bed and leave everyone to it. With the accommodation here I am not sure that would be possible!
It would also free up a bed for another visitor.
I would have no problem with the breakfast part of the B&B and the catering at the event as I am an adherent of the Hobbit beliefs around breakfasts, and two is a minimum when you can get them!

6 Likes

Yelverton and tavistock are probably the nearest

I have had some PMā€™s it appears that I am not the only one who wonā€™t be on the the piss so I will have some company and will stay.
We are planning photographs ,live video feeds and blackmail opportunities :grinning:

1 Like

There it is again, AA TV

3 Likes

I would have replied but Iā€™m a tad smashed

5 Likes

Dumb bastard, doesnā€™t he realize you have to lift the tail to access the viewfinder.

1 Like

This is a nice thought, and one or two others have clearly been thinking in similar ways, but I imagine that beds are not the only limit on capacity. This is England. And worse than that itā€™s the west of England. So thereā€™s some chance itā€™ll be raining whatever the date. From the pics the place looks as though it might have the capacity to sit 16 people down indoors, perhaps even with the possibility of squeezing a hi-fi system or two in as well. But if thatā€™s the limit then any other visitors would have to sit outside with the camp fire under the shelter, or huddle in the drizzle. Can the organisers confirm how large the indoor space is ?

VB

Happy to organise one up in the Lakes. Out of season later this year. Northtober Fest. Iā€™ll make some enquiries and get some prices and then kick off another thread.

6 Likes

SLR Dog

1 Like

shutter must me open

Pretty much this, we didnā€™t measure up when we went for a look but over-subscription would strain the day. That said if the weather is nice there may be a little wriggle room.

OK. Iā€™ve received the invoice from the people who run Lopwell Barn and the total comes to Ā£325. By my reckoning (assuming the 18 people on the list above are coming) thatā€™s about Ā£18 each.

If you could transfer that amount by Paypal Gift to my account; guysergeant@hotmail.com itā€™ll help me cover the payment Iā€™m making to them.

If you donā€™t use Paypal, drop me a PM and Iā€™ll let you have some bank details to transfer to.

1 Like

Paid via PP

Also paid via paypal