2021 Formula One - The Bollox Continues

:joy: daft cunt

1 Like

Agreed. But a “nice to have”. The technical side, especially aero, needs to be focused on first. Once that is in place, then add the frippery.

Performance, Performance, Performance. Once you have that, the rest is just cream.

1 Like

Exactly.

This is spin, whereas they need technical expertise, 3 years of finishing last with the best powerplant is completely unacceptable.

They are making some changes that will help, for example with using the Merc gearbox and rear suspension, but they are not making the bigger changes that they need to make to move back up to fighting for third.

3 Likes

I never like to question The Oracle, but are you confident this is true? Seems utterly barmy if so - I struggle to believe they would push ahead with 2021 without addressing their obvious areas of deficit…

In any walk of life I have seen there are always people who don’t know what they don’t know and make a mess accordingly. F1 is presumably no different.

2 Likes

insert UK govt simile<

1 Like

They haven’t dealt with their large internal weaknesses for the past 5 years (and in fact 15 years I would say, with 2104, 2015 and 2016 positive blips due to having by far the best powerplant on the back and being lucky with some aero changes that put them second from last in 2013, but put them in a good place for 2014) and the same old experienced hands are telling the new owners the same old rubbish that they told Claire Williams etc.

When you are last for 3 years, when you should be third with the resources available to you, then the changes required are revolutionary and not minor evolutionary changes.

2 Likes

Spot on.

And it is also typical that they do not really want to know what is wrong and how to fix it as they think that they are the experts and no one could know more than they do…

Hence your stepping away ?

Maybe, there are people out there who get it, but they need to be employed to get the people in who can actually do the job.

The grid should be much tighter than it is (all teams have the same time in the wind tunnel and or CFD), but it isn’t due to poor leadership across the grid. With some variation due to the powerplant, which has varied from season to season, other than Merc remaining at the top or very close to the top.

Only Merc have excelled overall and they have been made to look better than they are due to the poor jobs done elsewhere.

4 Likes

That is a breathtaking mix of stubborness-in-the-face-of-obvious-shortcomings and plain arrogance from them. Bizarre, and sad.

You have outlined my frustration with much of the leadership in F1, but particularly the really under performing teams who have the greatest need to change and yet the strongest desire to not change.

4 Likes
1 Like

Obvious result is obvious…

2 Likes

Launch day…

2 Likes

I watched the launch on youtube, riveting it was…

1 Like

The days of spectacular launches (Spice Girls pissed up and falling all over the MP4/12) are a thing of the distant past.

1 Like

2 Likes

Interesting to see how Yuki gets on.

Yeah, I’m quite curious. Mixed reviews from previous teams but, “is willing to learn” doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement.
It’s a good team to be placed with. Under the radar, reasonable performance. good support, and a known quantity to measure against.

1 Like