2021 - Your Hopes and Fears

If you can do that, I’ll take lessons from you.

1 Like

Dunno what next year has in store. I’ve got a few things to look forward to - a new puppy, moving into the new house and spending some money on it, expansion of the business, and I turn 50 next month too :open_mouth:

I hope I don’t balls it up, and I hope we get to Lopwell at some point. I don’t really entertain fears.

4 Likes

2020 was great, even Liverpool failed to disappoint me (mostly!).

I expect 2021 will be brutal though.

Worried about job, health, dog, elderly mother, house falling down, and other reasons various and sundry. :tired_face:
If it was humanly possible I’d increase my alcohol intake to try to put it all to the back of my mind. :cold_face:

1 Like

Easily done. I was 50, then almost immediately I was (am) 62.

And/or Yorks Dales. My liver needs pegging back a bit.

VB

2 Likes

Rather not think about 2021 tbh. A lot of negative changes afoot for us, I fear :frowning:

Whereas I mostly have fear.

1 Like

I don’t usually, but I do at the moment.

1 Like

I’m usually a moaner but quite resilient. I focus on the stuff that I can change and cope with the stuff I can’t.
The last few years (dealing with the loss of the in-laws, Narelle’s Black Dog, and my fucked up family) has beaten much of my resilience out of me.
This last year has created constant anxiety. I’m usually a fighter, but I am struggling to maintain the fight to stay on top of things. Too many knocks, not enough positive.

2 Likes

I feel your pain Terry.

Usually, I have nothing to complain about here; a pretty happy soul by and large.

I haven’t paid myself this year, to keep my fledgling company (started Jan 2020) afloat and not sure it’s worth fighting for now. Pretty much run out of options.

Hey ho.

4 Likes

Best of luck Rob, especially with the RX-8… :scream:

1 Like

Hopes? Well the Wife is looking to change jobs from the company she has been at for almost 10-years now, going through mass redundancies (nothing to do with COVID/Breshit), and she has been offered a ‘better’ role but at a company based in London, hopefully COVID will mean she can still work from home.

We are planning some home renovations for the Spring, really exited about this and the Planning Application went in just before Christmas, and if I pull my finger out, might actually do something myself with changing career, to what, who knows, but after 10-years at the same company myself I feel the need to kickstart before Children arrive!

I miss having my Mum over for dinner/indoor chats, despite her being 5-min down the road and she was planned to be over for Christmas but alas, could not. Would love to see my 1-year old niece, who we managed to see in a socially distant play park before Christmas, getting regular videos via Whatsapp is great, especially for both my parents.

I am feeling positive for 2021, I think you need to be to get through it!

5 Likes

I hope to see the MiL again.

We haven’t seen her since February, and as of a couple of days ago she’s 100% the last of her generation.

On a selfish note I’d like to do a heck of a lot of live music.

Stretch goal: Desertfest Antwerp 2021 :metal:

Oh and Lopwell, forgot about that!

1 Like

Looking forward to getting the garage extended, having a system back again, arranging a post vaccine bake off when I can meet up with all you cunts again, and driving the Porker…
It’s all win! :grinning:

7 Likes

Jeez, I forgot about bake offs!

2 Likes

Has Pete given you permission?

4 Likes

Yes, I am hoping to have a BBQ/Bake off here sometime next year

7 Likes

I’m keeping it simple for 2021.

• Don’t die.
  • Keep the lights on.

I have aspirations beyond this but those are the primary goals.

12 Likes

I hope to survive the first third of the year in this semi lockdown passing the time by decorating.

The second third of the year should see vaccines rolled out and some sort of normality across the UK.

I hope to be able to travel, work and see friends again in the final third of 2021.

Who knows what the reality will be …?

2 Likes

I had a vague plan to visit Scotland this year, hopefully can do that at some point next year