2nd annual sou'wester - AKA Tapes and Capes kick off

Would bring the external crossovers, not the digital one.

Actually could do the latter if there is interest.

I was gonna take the blue horns to Lopwell North, but could bring other stuff like a turntable if needed, but happy if someone else wants to bring theirs.

Having checked, it would need the seats down, so adds a car. Unless there is a roof rack strong enough, or someone (@browellm say?) wants to swing by en route. Or we take two cars full of Londonishers

“En route”. LOL.

Who wouldn’t want to take a big diversion via the M25? :joy:

It looks like I am going to see a friend in Devon on Thursday 28th, so will be driving myself. Could be that I detour around the M25 to pick the speaks up, Thurs am. I’m keen to hear them, dunno about anyone else! What do you think?

3 Likes

It would be cool & also would leave room for Adam to bring his jigsaw along & run an OB design masterclass.

6 Likes

Sussex to Devon via StAlbans, that is some detour :+1:

I’m around Thursday, so it would work.

Is there a general consensus for these, or something different? I think the only other proposal so far is Mark’s AGs.

He’s Kent, so it’s mostly just the long way round the M25…

Oops, I thought it was East Sussex, still a committed detour on an already long drive.

I can’t bring some big enough, as I will have the outside speakers, so the L300’s make sense.

Kent but close to E. Sussex border.

2 Likes

1 Like

Any interest in the digital crossover coming along?

It would mean we’d need 3 amps, unlikely to be an issue, but we’d have to digitise vinyl - ie plug the phono stage into my soundcard. And volume control would be on the computer.

Setup time is small, but I wouldn’t be interested in doing long comparisons. I can bring both easily enough.

Will faff factor rob critical burning and feeding focus? Passive and simple for the win

1 Like

I could pick up a Sansui midi system from Cash Convertors and just fuck the lot of it.

8 Likes

Generally I agree, but there isn’t much to set up really - it’s the computer I use with them already, so it’s all set up for them. My main concern is the digitising of the vinyl.

We could swap over in the morning, so one day is passive and one active. But I have zero interest in quicker comparisons.

I would bring the Boenicke’s (I’ve heard them fill bigger rooms than the Lopwell listening lounge) but doubt there’s a bloody amp powerful enough to drive them that loud :wink:

Or if there’s no other options available, and its not fair to ask Mark to lug his down again, I could always bring my AV Uno’s down (and Mark could teach me how to set them up properly :smile:)

I have a Yamaha pro amp, which is 550W and sounds fairly decent. But I’d much rather hear AGs.