2nd annual sou'wester - AKA Tapes and Capes kick off

Coffee ordered for collection next Wednesday. I should just about be able to eat a kilo of it and rinse out the subsequent scat as we experiment on tasting this new coffee innovation.

2 Likes

I have sourced a bean to cup machine which I will bring along for us non-conosseurs :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I will also bring a good supply of non-foo beans.

1 Like

Connoisseur (s)??

Or are you just a spiv

As someone else said, I haven’t got anything specific to bring as yet (although some shortbread/cake could be done.

I am more than happy to chip in for the beer and coffee rations however.

Make scotch eggs :grinning:

Bring capes!

I’ll bring home-made jam, some cooking/cocktail rum, and stuff for a dessert

1 Like

This Sunday’s Observer contained some useful advice from funkster George Clinton (76) on capes:

The key to looking good in a cape is the way you take it off. You should look like those sword-fighting people, the Three Musketeers. Taking it off, swinging it, that’s what makes it cool. I did it coming out of [his UFO-like stage prop] the Mothership once and I was butt naked underneath. That worked pretty good.

Hmm.

VB

5 Likes

Lopwell visitors, “swinging it”, “butt naked”. Yeah, I’ll just leave that out there.

What food should we bring?

Not to mention record decks and styli

Is anyone bringing a silver-disc spinner? I’ll have a few CDs in the car

2 Likes

I can bring one, even if it is to annoy the Donkey.

2 Likes

It won’t - it’ll never get used.

But nice that you take your gear out on road-trips for nothing :wink:

The crowd round the fire pit benefited from Bob’s all-weather set-up last year which I think had a digital source.

VB

1 Like

Have you got any Kiki Dee cd’s ? I’m missing a couple

This years will be a laptop with a DVD drive to play CDs. More power this year with the Hafler DH-220.

2 Likes

Last year the Teac D700/DA700 sounded fine donkey boy. It was your bloody music that was a bit iffy.

1 Like

Kiki had her moment.

1 Like