3rd annual Sou'wester 14_16 June 2019 it's BACK ON AT LOPWELL

Was envious of this one but have had a good weekend at home watching the Le Man’s with doggo.

Glad it was a successful weekend, boys.

Stopped off at Gloucester services for a coffee, and decided that I should probably keep my meat intake up to prevent withdrawal symptoms so bought myself a 1kg father’s day prezzie

13 Likes

Moar meat !

:face_vomiting:

With apologies to BobC

I stopped there too. Consequently I now has no moneh left :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Home and car unloaded. M4 J13 closed, so last few miles were up windy lanes, as were the first few miles of course.

Just to say what a great time I had, and many thanks to the tireless organisers. It’s always a highlight but IMHO the Saturday night meat was particularly good this year.

Now to read back through the thread and see what everyone else saw …

VB

3 Likes

iPhone charge cable left behind - currently using it as a lead on stronzetto who is being a little too frisky - pm for return

Very possibly if they were playing from my box of dubious records.

@browellm ?

What a great weekend. Fantastic food, many forms of faff and Richter level snoring. A huge thanks to the multiple forum Masterchefs for cooking up some stunning food. Got a few albums to buy now and will definitely be taking a look at some pizza ovens :smile:

2 Likes

Meat plus r2r mashup.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came and in particular to:

John for getting Lopwell back on and managing the kitty (Getting the meat etc etc)

All BBQ and Pizza masters - Loved this although I may now be infected with flaming faff requirements

Everyone who bought a raffle ticket - Particularly, Ritchie.

In answer to conversations with folks:

Orsonic did at least two clamps:

the DS-250 (250g)

and the DS-200 (200g)

I think Wayne or someone played a Gomez lp on Sat evening - It’s been a long time since I’d listened to that and I enjoyed it - Seemingly a half speed master of their other LP is out in July

5 Likes

Just back.

Thanks to my driver again.
To those who made it happen.
To all the chefs (it wasn’t just “food”!).
To those that cleaned up after.
And anyone I missed off this list.

Next stop: Yorkshire.

4 Likes

Not me.

2 Likes

Thanks to all the organisers, I am sure there is a lot of work behind the scenes to make it run as well as it does.
Fantastic food all weekend but the meal on Saturday night was superb.
I was blown away, the ribs, pork and brisket were all exceptional and far better than I have had in many a restaurant. I will have to revise my opinion of BBQs and not take the piss on the thread for at least a week.

@browellm speakers were sounding very good indeed, especially on the end of the Gamma amp…

Great to catch up with everyone,

Sitting back home and writing this I realise there is not much I can say. It was a stunning weekend. the location is fantastic and I am so pleased it was back on after being sold last year, I am not sure it could be bettered.

To those who couldn’t make it, you were missed especially @pmac you were in my thoughts a lot this weekend Paul.

16 Likes

Just back and walked the dog. Well done again you nutters, another triumph.

I have a couple of left behinds:
@edd9000 your pizza pellets and cigars.
@thebiglebowski your WSM thermometer. PM your address and I’ll stick that in a jiffy bag for you.

1 Like

@sap7 a more realistic guide to pricing for you to consider :smile:

(@Stepmotheratomicbomb; @Spider; @Myrman )

2 Likes

:sob:

Be nice to borrow the 200g one at some point

Thanks all, especially the organisers and cooks.

The food was epic. And everyone was fantastic company as always.

@browellm Thanks, if you don’t mind hanging onto the cigars that would be great, if you put them in plastic container with the pouch thing they should stay fine. I’m not worried about the pellets, use them in your uuni that you inevitably need.

1 Like

Come up the office in the week ?

1 Like