What are you listening to, right now?

Infinite Music - A Tribute To La Monte Young

Love this.

1 Like

Yep. Magnificent record.

Oooh, a forgotten classic. From my days as a poor student when I used to hire CDā€™s from my local library.

I do like a purple, sorry magenta, slab of plastic too.

1 Like

LP

1 Like

In that honeymoon period of discovering a new album and proceeding to play it to death for 3 days. Not my usual funk-based fare but something meditative about the soundā€¦

As an ex-printer - Iā€™m glad to see you corrected yourself there :+1:

I fail many Ishara testsā€¦ my colour vision is well dodgy.

1 Like

jpeg

CDR2F.

I think this is still my favourite of his albums

3 Likes

Saw then at Womad (Rivermead, Reading) in the very early 90s

Through choice or drugs / drink ?

I love Punch The Clock myself, and not just because of Shipbuilding. Donā€™t think thereā€™s a duff track on there.

1 Like

Was working the backstage bar 12-16 hours per day. Didnā€™t get a lot of time to roam. Was quite stoned tooā€¦

Also enjoyed Drummers Of Burundi and the Guo Brothers with some bloke from Clannad.

Also remember that Womad for my discovery of cardamom. I didnā€™t realise you werenā€™t supposed to crunch it up and swallow it. The tent smelt very interesting the next morning.

1 Like

I Want You is my favourite track of his - pure venom :+1:

3 Likes

Thatā€™ll be big Jock then :+1:

Think he was on keyboards? It was a long time ago, but I still have the Guo Brothers LP off the back of it

Sorry no fucking idea Gareth - that was a failed scottish / jock thing there :grinning:

1 Like

Proper chuckling here!

Now thisā€¦then Iā€™d best turn in before I canā€™t manage the stairs.

I hear you but I do have one more unopened beer to drink so stairs be damned :+1:

1 Like