AA football predictor

Me too,Malbec must of paid the officials for that pen

1 Like

Only cost a fiver :grin:
You should all give it a go :muscle:

1 Like

How I laughed when he could re-take it for being a cunt.

2 Likes

How I larfed when points :hugs:

Round of 16 results, and @malbec takes the crown with 10 points from @pan on 9 points. The wooden spoon was picked up by @TonyTheHat with 3.5 points, from @htm_1968 with 5.5 points.

Overall @stu has extended his lead over @htm_1968 to 4.5 points, while only 1 points covers the bottom four places

The Quarter Finals begin tomorrow and 3pm when Croatia take on Brazil for a place in the last four

6 Likes

I went through the 4 ties and, based on my poor form so far, picked the likely outcomes then changed them to pick the opposite outcomes to those expected. So Croatia to win in normal time (as opposed to Brazil) Holland to win in normal time as opposed to Argentina, bizarrely Morocco to draw with Portugal and England to beat France. Croatia drew, Holland drew, Morocco surprised us & England lost.Should’ve stuck with my France to Win 2-1 prediction but I was anticipating everyone choosing that outcome.

FML. :smiley:

2 Likes

With only 4 games to go I need to play a blinder.

Not to win it - that’s a 2 horse race now - just to avoid coming last :crazy_face:

2 Likes

A very difficult to predict set of quarter finals, so no great surprise that scoring has been low. @stu and @chelseadave share the crown with 3 points, while @Pan and @TonyTheHat share the wooden spoon with a duck.

Overall this sees @stu extend his lead over @htm_1968 to 6 points, with only 4 games to play.

Semi-finals kick off tomorrow evening when Argentina take on Croatia, will it be penalties again for the Croatians?

2 Likes

After the two half-finals @chelseadave takes the crown with 4 points from @murrayjohnson with 3 points. @htm_1968 collects the wooden spoon with a duck, behind @malbec and @pmac with 1 point.

Overall this extends @stu 's lead over @htm_1968 to an insurmountable 7.5 points with 2 matches remaining. Meanwhile it is neck and neck and the bottom with only 0.5 points separating @pan, @TonyTheHat and @pmac

The much unloved 3rd/4th playoff is Saturday at 3pm, and the final on Sunday at 3pm.

5 Likes

Well, that was quite the Final! @htm_1968 and @murrayjohnson share the crown with 3 points, and almost everybody else shares the wooden spoon with a duck

Congratulations to @stu and his sporting almanac for a very strong victory by 5.5 points over @htm_1968 in second.

The EPL kicks off again on Boxing Day, with the hangover match featuring Brentford hosting Tottenham

6 Likes

Wonder if there will be many skewed results this weekend

Thanks for running this Simon. It was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon.

Well done @stu pissed it mate.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon for running it and congrats to Stu for the win.

2 Likes

Next World Cup will be fun,104 games

Cheers Simon. Hopefully my next go will be a little more successful.

1 Like

Shite, stop torturing me with this shit!

:+1:

1 Like

Round 17 saw the return of the EPL after the World Cup and Christmas.

The crown was taken by @pan with 15 points from @chelseadave with 13.5 points. The wooden spoon was collected by @murrayjohnson with 4.5 points from @stu with 10 points.

Overall @stu remains ahead of @sjs by 15 points, while @pan closes to within 13 points of @adpully at the bottom.

10 matches in Round 18 kick off this evening when West Ham host Brentford.

5 Likes

Might have helped had I remembered to do it earlier. :unamused:

Haha, I’m still catching up from doing that in the first week or two.

Eddie Howe was recruited from Round 17.

2 Likes