Acoustic Treatments / Room Acoustics

Measure it. Not with a tape measure.
I think I may have an XTZ room analyser measuring gubbins somewhere if you want a borrow.

Build it first, then listen, then decide if you actually have a problem.

Then solve it. Probably by moving the hifi into one of the hundreds of other rooms that place has [iirc].

The challenge is, room measurements now aren’t going to contribute much that’s useful once there’s a fucking great set of cupboards in there.

Not really any other options at all. The hallway is genuinely probably the next best place for it.

agreed, room dimensions are quite nice up until the cupboards are included

is there nowhere to store that stuff?

That’s what I would do
Could have back of sofa 1m from cupboards and have a 4m triangle with speakers

Part of it is somewhere out of the way for the Wench’s desk, so that she can leave an active project on it and just shit the doors rather than feeling the need to tidy every last bit away because we have visitors.

There is certainly the possibility of constructing the doors (and by extension the entire wall) as acoustic traps.

?

3 Likes

Said Larry Grayson, never :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

What about a corner cupboard system? Then the hifi could go on the left as well might look neater and sound much better.

1 Like

Cupboards in the hallway. Close thread.

Use louvred doors? Turns cupboards into bass traps.

1 Like

As long as they’re not storing their extensive collection of hand bells in there, I guess.

VB

2 Likes

If I know the Lumbs it’ll mostly be rubber, PVC and leather, jingly buckles notwithstanding…

sounds like our bed linen

Normal For Abattoir

There is an obvious reason why people of your advanced age and decrepitude need rubber sheets on the bed.

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Or a more contemporary version could be perforated MDF door panels

Ah, you know us so well? BTW, how are the alpacas after “the incident”? Did the vet manage to get everything out?

Something like this with some treatment behind (rather like some of the GIK panels) is definitely an option. I think that plus turning the room through 90deg should work without fucking everything up too badly.

As they will be hinged doors rather than sliding, that also helpfully enforces a minimum distance for the sofa to be from the doors too.