Actual photography

Spent a few hours at St Peters Seminary this afternoon. Light was a bit too bright so it was a struggle to get the moody shots I was hoping for. Still a really cool place though, has a touch of Chernobyl about it. Nature taking back a great concrete monolith.

16 Likes

Dancing Ledge, Dorset. by Rick Francis, on Flickr

11 Likes

Local (.fr) big band banging out Chameleon at full chat on Bastille Day down at the prom

They were really rather good, actually

7 Likes

Out and about on my bike with my camera.

Forest Way Bike Ride. by Rick Francis, on Flickr

11 Likes

Norfolk summer bale henge.

8 Likes

“Middle aged baldie reflects on the meaning of life after a bottle of rose and some whisky”

AKA it’s me

18 Likes

Great pic

1 Like

Eye of the Wind - still in the Wick of Tresta this afternoon

Imgur

8 Likes

Be nice if it leaves under sail power (although I doubt it will)

Imgur

10 Likes

Spotted this fella out this morning when walking the hound dog.

11 Likes

Dogs alerted me to something in the river on last night’s walk - turned my torch on expecting swans or maybe one of the otters, and there’s roe deer casually swimming around in it! Give the river is more like a canal due to flood-prevention works, it was impressive to see them potter up the steep bank and off into the fields!

6 Likes

Imgur

Wild horses in the Carneddau, on the track up to Llyn Melynllyn.

17 Likes

5 Likes

Yes I saw a deer in the Wey navigation canal a few months ago when on a bike ride - good swimmers.

1 Like

Was the deer on a mountain bike or a road bike?

:thinking:

6 Likes

4 Likes

A few months ago I was involved with an out of date film project for the Modernist in Manchester. I was given a roll of 48 year old out of date 120 film, with the brief to shoot the film within the modernist aesthetics, mid century buildings, vehicles etc for the possible inclusion in an exhibition and book.
I was right chuffed when my images of abandoned cooling towers not only made it into the book and exhibition but also they printed a poster up from one of the negs and used it to advertise the exhibition. Amazing anything actually turned out from a film nearly 50 years out of date.

22 Likes

Where are those cooling towers?

Willington in Derbyshire. The actual power station was demolished years ago. These have been left standing. I hope they stay because I do love a cooling tower.

3 Likes

Fantastic, well done.

1 Like