Adventures in Chili (fungus free zone)

Chilli on the go on the stove - kilo of nice fatty LAMB fried down until well-browned, pureed tomatoes, lots of slow-fried onions, garlic, black cumin, mace, oregano, blackened grilled peppers and some finely chopped chicken livers to improve richness. Chipotle paste waiting to go in nearer the time… Mmmm… Gonna be pretty mild cos some of the guests are pussies…

6 Likes

Our pussies like liver :smile:

I was hoping to invoke ire, or at the very least, irk, from the purists.

Hitting me with a JimjokeTM was a bit sledgehammernutty :pleading_face:

Reeling… . . .

3 Likes

Try pulling that shit in Texas, pinko :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure there is purity with chilli is there? I see no mention of beans though, which is troubling…

3 Likes

There is purist chilli making, and it’s what you’d find at competitions. Interestingly, the biggest thing from a purists perspective is that there cannot be beans in the chilli. Some even argue that tomato is out too.

You may take the beans for granted - 50/50 red and butter :+1:

Thanks, that’s better :+1:

1 Like

Purist/authentic chili is distinctly underwhelming IMHO. Free form chilis like the above are more my style. Add some cornbread with jalapeno, crumbled bacon, scallion, and cheddar mixed in and I’m there.

3 Likes

:astonished:

@Wayward must have some chili recipe that involves setting a weekend aside for prep and cooking :plate_with_cutlery::stopwatch:

3 Likes

Dirty bugger.

2 Likes

Add some Marmite and sardines and lemon curd and top it off with meringue sprinkled with hundreds-and-thousands and a few others here will join you.

VB

1 Like

Need to try this sometime

Or at least pinch some of the ideas.

1 Like

I’ve cooked a pretty close rendition of it, and it certainly takes a full weekend to do. Only bit missing was the nitro sour cream. The sweetcorn muffins were awesome, as was the notion of adding a finishing butter.

Was it up to the hype?

Can the consolidation bunnies get a chilli thread up and running? We can then have at it! :grin:

1 Like

Unsalted butter :+1:

2 Likes

Over to you :+1:

I haven’t worked it out yet, the last time I tried, I deleted the shiny brand new thread!

3 Likes

They’re about killing threads not creating them!

1 Like