Aesthetix Pandora DAC - What is a fair price? - And relax....ahh

Looking for an idea of a fair price for an early Pandora (standard level)

They very rarely come up as far as I know. I think I saw one go for £2k previously. That was a little while ago in the fast moving world of dacs. Do they do dsd? I wouldnt want to pay more than £1,500 - £1,750.

Will there be a new model soon?

1 Like

Depending on age something in the region of £2 - £2.5 might be about right. There are so many variants of the DAC that pricing them can be hard.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m probably in Bob valuation mode. :laughing:

They seem to be 7K new for base model, I might have bought one at 3K but not paid yet.

Edit: an old one not a new one for 3k

You need a Signature or Eclipse for DSD so spendy.

which one do you have again?

Has it got the volume option? Definitely a bonus if so as it’s a £1200 option so should add some resale value even if you never use it. Certainly handy if you ever want to use direct with a power amp.

£3k is about the top price for a Pandora, they’re so rare that I nearly bought one from the US and was going to get it converted by the UK dealer until he said he had a Romulus demo I could buy.

If you can get it for £2.5k that would be fair but TBH even at £3k I’d still consider one.

It beats the AN 2.1x Sig which is around £2.5k secondhand by a country mile.

Can’t remember exactly. It has all sorts of extra foo in it. I would need to find the box, paperwork and manual in the loft. I know it doesn’t have a volume control if that helps… :grin:

1 Like

@omsoc

Any chance you or a mod could decapitalise the title, please. OCD reasons. Cheers.

That’s interesting as that was the other DAC that I have saved searches for, the Pandora is the first to come up in a long while.

I’m SuRe SomEOnE WilL bE abLe tO AcComMoDatE tHaT

2 Likes

I’ve had two AN 2.1x Sig DACs and the Pandora/Romulus is so much better, the Romulus will be staying as I doubt if I can find (or afford) something to better it.

As far as I know misuse of capital letters is a rare OCD trigger. :grinning:

No volume control unfortunately or unicorn tears.

It looks like this inside.

I like things to be neat and tidy with everything in its proper place. Your title is out of place and makes the front page look untidy. Please sort it out.

Is it as good as a DAC as a CD player? How do you mostly use it?

DAC HAS MORE CAPITAL LETTERS SO IS BETTERER THAN CD

1 Like

I only use it as a DAC haven’t really used it as a CDP and don’t really have a ref as I haven’t had a CDP for around 10 years.