Aesthetix Pandora DAC - What is a fair price? - And relax....ahh

Cool, it was the DAC performance I was interested in.

I demoed an AN something or other Sig and a feckinā€™ stupidly expensive Lampizator which the Pandora saw off easily. I think Iā€™ve had mine three or four years now and donā€™t ever think of changing it. It does respond well to tube rolling too. I have some electro-harmonix 6922 golds in there which add something nice to the overall mix.

I donā€™t regret buying mine one bit. Iā€™ve not heard anything that comes close that isnā€™t megabux money. Even then, I would chose the Pandora.

1 Like

Best I give the chap some money then.

Siemens CCa for the win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck. I had forgotten about the valve rabbit hole.

Sorry, that last one was for you Cosmo and not Chris.

Also, I prefer to use mine balanced rather than single ended. I use a Lumin D1 as a transport into the coaxial input which I preferred to using my NUC or Innuos Zen via USB simply because there were fewer Roon fuckups and dropouts. Iā€™ve no DSD or the like so canā€™t comment on anything above 24/192, but for that or 16/44.1 the Pandora is the dogā€™s bollocks as far as Iā€™m concerned.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember if I tried them. I bought several sets and settled on the EH 6922 Golds. The velcro lid is a fucking gem for tube rolling.

You should try the phonostage :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL, bit spendy for a 1210 MK5

Thank you

1 Like

No worries, didnā€™t want to stress you out. :+1:

1 Like

You have heared yourself that it works after I plugged all that stuff in the systemā€¦
Or maybe it was the candy that made the music sound sweeter.

1 Like

It is not unicorn pube power cables or interconnects made out of badgerā€™s eyebrows though.

:joy:

1 Like

Since Brexit, weā€™re out of unicorns here, but just let me know if you need some eyebrow interconnects :slight_smile:

1 Like