Aidas Audio Mammoth Gold mc cartridge

I’m willing to be a moving coil donor when I die

4 Likes

Didn’t know you had a coil fitted Stu :grin:

3 Likes

No need to wait that long, you could get a cart out of what’s under your cap! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would like a cartridge made from the bones of melancholy orphans. I think it would add to the listening experience.

3 Likes

I do know that Paul.

1 Like

Lol.

I never doubted it :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed: a true pinnacle of audio excellence :+1:

You’re good at this!

Have you ever considered turning your interest in hifi into so some sort of career?

1 Like

There’s no career to be had in trying to convince people that HiFi is a worthwhile thing to own. Unless of course it’s fashioned from bits of endangered or protected species. Only then is it sufficiently lucrative.

2 Likes

That’s a shame.
Music is nice.
People should value hifi.
People are dum.
And That gives me a sad.

1 Like

This!

I know the dealer though haven’t had contact for some time. He’s a good guy and one hopes he’d have looked into this. Not sure about this cart and haven’t heard them myself but I’ve heard good things from those who have about their Panzerholz version.

1 Like

Don’t believe so.

In 2018, it was proposed by Israel to add Mammathus primigenius to the CITES species list. The US, EU, Canada & Japan declined an invitation to be co-sponsor with Israel.

I believe the proposal will be reconsidered next time they meet in conference (2022, Geneva).

Just a thought, what about T Rex?

1 Like

You may struggle to find any T Rex bones Dave

I meant the UK trading ban. It was proposed (though I’m not sure it’s fully enacted), to include all forms of ivory (and ivory-like materials like hippo canines, narwhal tusks etc.), to make the legislation unambiguous and more easily enforced by unskilled enforcement agents.

There are also lesser but still significant problems with outright ownership of mammoth ivory - it’s taken from public and private land, mostly in Siberia - invariably without land-owners’ permission, and certainly without any logging or scientific study.

And then, there’s the fact it’s just deeply unsuitable - it’s quite like ancient wood in that it degrades once its removed from its burial site - one’s £7K cartridge could very readily turn into a heap of splinters and the guts of a DL-103 in a few months or years…

For what incredibly little it’s worth, you could obtain the same resonant properties from modern cow bones or mineral-loaded plastics…

Yeh, apex predators are seriously uncommon, but there’s a guy in the 'States making watch faces from Triceratops bones. About 80% of all vertebrate finds in the Dakota badlands are displaced, fragmentary Triceratops bones, so they’re readily available on the market.

These, too, will have exactly the same resonant properties as any decently hard piece of stone … but at least they have a cool backstory.

:+1:

Seven
Grand

1 Like

I know, that’s like 1-2 neo geo carts!

3 Likes

Is that still ~70% of an Io Ltd? Or has that got even more batshit now?

Much more…

:flushed: