All the Football (Part 1)

The Mail I know but …

This season is fucked.

David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen have returned positive tests for Covid-19 so have been sent home. The West Ham game goes ahead though.

:ok_man:t2:

Hardly made a big difference against the (once) mighty tigers.

1 Like

We`ve found our level. :+1:

2 Likes

You were very good against the Gunners.

The scoreline suggests otherwise…

Yes, but I think Dave is also correct, a bit more hammering will be done this season compared to last :crossed_fingers:

But the performance doesn’t.

Lovely article this. Not the greatest prose ever written, but there is an honesty and an affection in it that is quite touching. Great times recalled.

1 Like

That standfirst sentence in the article sounds like the setup to a Richard Curtiss movie.

The chronology in the article is a little lax. It seems to suggest that Charlton was playing for Leeds and England and Sheffield Wednesday manager all at the same time. The proof reading was not very good, as John Aldridg would tell you.

Also, according to that first sentence Mick met Jack in a pub in 1970 when Mick would have been about 11. Perhaps he was pissed and that explains the confusion. Nevertheless, the rest of the article, and particularly the clear affection McCarthy had for Charlton is very refreshing.

Wolves sign Right Back Nelson Semedo from Barcelona for a possible £37m fee.

Suarez to Atlético Madrid on a free transfer to play alongside Costa in a side managed by Simeone. This should be very interesting right up until the three of them kill each other.

3 Likes

It seems Chelsea has signed goalkeeper Mendy for £22m from Rennes. Now after Rice from WH.

Walking in a Brucie wonderland!

Havertz scores a Hat Trick but defense still dodgy.

I hope we have our new goalie Mendy and Silva in for the game against the Baggies, we need all the help we can get.:pray: