All the Football (Part 2)

Think he will keep you up,after that he is stepping into the unknown with more funds that he had at Burnley

1 Like

Is Dyche now the new Pulis/ Allerdyce/ Bruce heir apparent?

TBH it doesnā€™t matter what system the new guy operates, it will have to be better than the shambolic lack of identity that Lampard presided over. Same as Gerrard - have the big name to get the job but not the actual capability or experience required.

3 Likes

The issue I have with Dyche is that he is never going to get you to top six*. Given how daft our Board is I can see Dyche keeping us up, buying a few players, and then being sacked for not making top six, leaving us with an even more schizo squad.

Good luck to Dyche, I hope he sees out the 2.5 years of his contract.

*I donā€™t expect top six. I want decent football, relative calm behind the scenes and no chances of going down.

1 Like

I think he will bring more energy and focus. Against West Ham they were not outclassed. I think with him they will stay up.

Yes I think Dyche will keep you up - thereā€™s enough talent in the squad that if they were better organised (or just organised full stop), then you should comfortably pull clear out of relegation.

Its the buying a few players bit that would worry me - Dyche tends to like a team of thugs to batter the opposition with.

Same message, different words. Canā€™t see lashing it long to the big man working well when your number 9 is DCL who is made of eggshells and marzipan.

1 Like

Canā€™t be many clubs in world football that will have gone from the likes of Carlo Ancelotti to Sean Dyche in the space of 18 months.

4 Likes

via Frank Lampard :crazy_face:.

Iā€™ll settle for a bloke with a plan to run the team, and a bloke with a plan to run the club*. Keeping the current Board well out of it should be part of the plan.

Or blokette

Yes- but this is Everton.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha. That is brilliant. I wonder what the Spurs version is likeā€¦

Surprised Duncan Ferguson wasnā€™t in with a shout . Thought heā€™d done ok when he stepped into the role before.

Heā€™s set to become Forest Green rovers boss so his career is effectively over now.

There was a Grimsby town rant similar that was good. Think Iā€™ve posted it before but Iā€™ll try and find it.

Just the ones who have spaffed hundreds of millions, ran out of money and now have to bring someone in used to operating on relatively fuck all.

They are the econerd team, arenā€™t they? Is Ferguson going to be driving around in a Leaf and eating organic tofu?

I canā€™t see him keeping Everton up but weā€™ll see.

World fuck off.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1271541289/

Well worth a read.

Yeah , dale vinces plaything. Absolute joke of a club.

He was inteviewed on the radio earlier. Was eating a vegan burger. Found it all amusing. There is nothing amusing about veganism. Have you ever met and amusing vegan? One that doesnā€™t bang on ā€˜look how fucking vegan i amā€™. No you havenā€™t. They donā€™t exist.

He probably was, but heā€™s chosen wisely

:wave:

Edit - Did I mention Iā€™m vegan?

1 Like