All the Football (Part 1)

What???
They were chasing the game, most of the time. Great grit and determination, but not what I would call, dictating the game.

Stats arenā€™t everything but this looks like a pretty even game to me

5 Likes

I thought it was neck and neck and could have gone either way

5 Likes

This

Jaysus, just feck off with all the shit. We fucking beat Germany.
FUCKING BEAT GERMANY.
IN A FUCKING FINAL.
:muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

6 Likes

And no fucking penalties!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Fantastic. Iā€™ve waited all my life to see England win a football tournament and then to be at Wembley when it happens.

Very tight game, some fine skill, feisty challenges, good goalkeeping and a bit of world class shithousery at the end to close it out. Extraordinary atmosphere in the stadium & outside. So different when alcohol isnā€™t part of the equation. Knackering just watching so hats off to the players.

24 Likes

Iā€™d like to be the first Scotsman to come on here and congratulate you on the England womenā€™s triumph tonightā€¦

but Iā€™m a cunt. So get to fuck, the lot of you :grin:

12 Likes

So jealous of you being there Guy, must have been an amazing day!

2 Likes

Same here really envious Guy ,glad you had a great dayā€¦

1995 I last saw a trophy won at Wembley :pensive: pleased you all enjoyed it Guy.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Wow.

Thing thatā€™s pissing me off is that they are trying to emulate all that is bad about the mans game. Rather than forge a better path and avoid all of the stuff that makes pro mens football shite. I saw diving, badgering of referees, constant claiming for fouls, shys and corners. Donā€™t understand why you would want to copy all of the shite that makes the current mans game awful.

2 Likes

Oof!

I saw more of that from Germany, tbh. But as the womenā€™s game gathers popularity and is, inevitably, more monetised, then thereā€™ll be more and more of it. Just human nature, unfortunately.

1 Like

You certainly donā€™t see that very much at club level at least not in the games Iā€™ve seen. Even today there was little in the way of feigned injury and the ref did make some odd & inconsistent decisions so it wasnā€™t surprising that the players started to question them.

1 Like