All weather tyres

It doesn’t look like it from the description. Their proper winter tyres are Alpin range.

Have a look here, best of both worlds apparently, unless you drive very hard on dry roads…

That is quite wrong. The tyres make a massive difference. When I worked in a snowy area the company E series estate crabbed along at walking pace with one wheel against the kerb until the M&S tyres were fitted, then it was fine. BIG difference.
In motor racing and rallying the tyre choice is the most critical performance parameter of them all.
Even a 4x4 on road tyres is crap on snow, particularly steering and braking.

Most people sadly, most of them are supplied on summer tyres and very few Brits put sensible tyres on for the winter (I didn’t for years and I should know better).

Interesting.

tl;dw: CrossClimates.

Don’t listen to this whopper, he chats shite.

Yep, even most of the regular off road tyres are crap on snow. A lot of peeps fit wide grabber type tyres, I always found the thinner Mitchelin XCLs were better. Preferable is to stud them as they should be, that way they grip on ice as well :slight_smile:

That argument around thinner tyres also works for sand, where the tyre needs to get through the surface sand to the firmer stuff a few inches down.,